British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves. Prem B. 5/9/18

If Matt is in charge of Poole next season there would be no way back for Jack Holder, even if he wanted to return. Burnt all his bridges with his behaviour last season.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Matt is in charge of Poole next season there would be no way back for Jack Holder, even if he wanted to return. Burnt all his bridges with his behaviour last season.

But Garry May told me he's been as good as Gold for him at Somerset. quote pleasure to deal with.  Still looks a little head strong though..

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

But Garry May told me he's been as good as Gold for him at Somerset. quote pleasure to deal with.  Still looks a little head strong though..

He had to be seperated from his team mate earlier this season and threatened with the sack. Doesn’t sound good as gold to me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Spoke briefly to Luke Becker last night. Seems a nice lad. Was wearing Monster gear.

Does he plan to sign for Poole. 

I wonder if MIlik will consider a return Because Wroclaw are going to drop him. 

Kurtz Woryna Fred are guranteed. If Becker wants to sign could see that. 

Oliver B(Swedish) wants to race in England and he could potentially start on 4. 

Brady Kurtz, Josh Grajczonek, Frederik Jakobsen & Kacper Woryna will all return imo. Just need another 3.

Chris Holder, Jack Holder & One other Nicolai Klindt maybe.

6 minutes ago, Trumpy said:

Brady Kurtz, Josh Grajczonek, Frederik Jakobsen & Kacper Woryna will all return imo. Just need another 3.

Chris Holder, Jack Holder & One other Nicolai Klindt maybe.

Josh G the one that all Poole fans wanted gone all season. He isn’t getting any better is a bit of a journeyman but good for 5 or 6 points a meeting 

Why would any Poole fan want Chris Holder back? Isn’t good enough and causes problems much better options available. Jack Holder more than happy at Somerset.....Poole fans need to forget the Holders. 

Poole will end up this season with a team of seven riders all averaging between 6 and 7.

A minimum of 2 of those need to go and that o would imagine will be Worrall and Josh.

They need a big hitting number one and have Harris and Kurtz as back up. Klindt and Woryna or one of as a second string and Freddie as the main reserve. Get rid of Worrall and Josh get a better number one and a reserve to go with Freddie 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Is there an if..............

33 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Josh G the one that all Poole fans wanted gone all season. He isn’t getting any better is a bit of a journeyman but good for 5 or 6 points a meeting 

Why would any Poole fan want Chris Holder back? Isn’t good enough and causes problems much better options available. Jack Holder more than happy at Somerset.....Poole fans need to forget the Holders. 

Poole will end up this season with a team of seven riders all averaging between 6 and 7.

A minimum of 2 of those need to go and that o would imagine will be Worrall and Josh.

They need a big hitting number one and have Harris and Kurtz as back up. Klindt and Woryna or one of as a second string and Freddie as the main reserve. Get rid of Worrall and Josh get a better number one and a reserve to go with Freddie 

The problem will be with whatever points limit is set by the BSPA and the League set up.

Having strength in  depth potentially also brings its own problems as with so many on the 6 to 7 mark (except Jackobsen) then maybe an issue if you want an out and out number one like say a Doyle. Could someone like Piotr Pawlicki become a possibility again (although a Wolves asset now I believe). Heard he was primed for Poole and sponsors etc set up before the one over 8 killed that option. I see he again missed out on next seasons GP's and if his 7.32 GSA has dropped again having been out of UK since 2014 (5 seasons out of UK come 2019 season), then like say Milik who is also not in SGP he could be on a bargain av below 8 as a non GP rider.

I know many will say top stars not interested in UK, (I believe will continue to be the case with Milik), but Pawlicki seemed to want to ride UK until the SGP points rules rules blocked him, so maybe a possible contender ??

Maybe young Becker is a reserve contender as one would assume he would come in on a low av ??

Going to be interesting as only Matt Ford and the Holders may have an insight as to whether one or both will be part of the future plans. (Wouldn't surprise me if discussions already in hand or have taken place). On their current GSA's and with the level of the Prem not being as high as POL or Swe then both on 7 points are not bad. Especially with the younger one seemingly on the way up. Both would be living locally to Poole as I am sure both live at Chris's house now he is single (I'm assuming), so expenses wise also  a saving compared to say Poles/Swedes/Danes etc.

I am sure Matt will be eager to avoid any banana skins (like Spaniak) after this season. The big risk would possibly be Becker but on a low GSA may be worth the risk to give him more points further up. One would think someone is going to go for him with all the backing he has from Hancock's joint venture and Monster backing. He must be showing something.

59 minutes ago, Gavan said:

A Davey Watt special

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Hearing it could be 6 man teams

11 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IT'S no secret that he is looking to get out 

Tbh I am not surprised old Massey Ferguson has probably had enough of British Speedway in it current form that or he can't get his way anymore but know like you said its no secret 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Yes we wanted Josh gone earlier in the season, in fact if it was a toss up between him and Linus most would have let Josh go, well I would have done nut recently he has been on fire so probably quite a few would want him back.

Not sure how many would want Chris Holder back but if he isn't in the gp's  next year then could still be a good addition especially on his low average.

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes we wanted Josh gone earlier in the season, in fact if it was a toss up between him and Linus most would have let Josh go, well I would have done nut recently he has been on fire so probably quite a few would want him back.

Not sure how many would want Chris Holder back but if he isn't in the gp's  next year then could still be a good addition especially on his low average.

Don't think he can