British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Wolves. Prem B. 5/9/18

8 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

Don't think he can 

What has he done wrong to cause all this agro ?. Genuine question as I don't know.Or is it secret ?

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

What has he done wrong to cause all this agro ?. Genuine question as I don't know.Or is it secret ?

I think you find it's a secret I don't know either and I'm a Poole supporter :rolleyes: ps who cares

Edited by ray c

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think you find it's a secret I don't know either and I'm a Poole supporter :rolleyes: ps who cares

Well I do for one and there are many hundreds who appreciate the time Chris Holder spent with the Pirates. He is one of Poole Pirates all time greats and deserves to be classed as one.

Your dissing him by saying “who cares” says a lot more about you.

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well I do for one and there are many hundreds who appreciate the time Chris Holder spent with the Pirates. He is one of Poole Pirates all time greats and deserves to be classed as one.

Your dissing him by saying “who cares” says a lot more about you.

Don't tell you nothing about me I agree he is all time great as a pirate his personal life has got nothing to do with me and not you either so leave at that 

5 of the current Poole side are Poole assets plus the Holders, so Poole will have first choice on whether to use them. Harris and Worrall being the exceptions.

Not sure why all this talk of 2019 already when nobody knows the rules and regs yet - plenty of time come Nivember.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

Don't tell you nothing about me I agree he is all time great as a pirate his personal life has got nothing to do with me and not you either so leave at that 

Perhaps I read your post wrong. I read the “who cares” as you not caring about Chris Holder after the service he has given the club. If it was about his problems, then I apologise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

5 of the current Poole side are Poole assets plus the Holders, so Poole will have first choice on whether to use them. Harris and Worrall being the exceptions.

Not sure why all this talk of 2019 already when nobody knows the rules and regs yet - plenty of time come Nivember.

And nobody has taken into account of coming out of Europe and what effect that will have 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps I read your post wrong. I read the “who cares” as you not caring about Chris Holder after the service he has given the club. If it was about his problems, then I apologise.

Perhaps I never worded it right I could have done better 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes but nothing wrong with airing thoughts. Initially started with Kurtz/Wory/Jackobsen having mouthwatering starting GSA's for 2019 assuming they stay at Poole. Its kind of built from there. Matt (if he stays) may  well have a good choice of riders to pick from for 2019 but as you quite rightly say none of us know the rules/regs/league set up etc for 2019.

Having said that I can't believe the likes of Matt Ford and other promoters already know what is being proposed and possibly planned. Even Jon Cook let slip in an interview he did on the Lakeside website weeks ago about some exciting changes planned by the BSPA for 2019 after their mid season get together.

4 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes but nothing wrong with airing thoughts. Initially started with Kurtz/Wory/Jackobsen having mouthwatering starting GSA's for 2019 assuming they stay at Poole. Its kind of built from there. Matt (if he stays) may  well have a good choice of riders to pick from for 2019 but as you quite rightly say none of us know the rules/regs/league set up etc for 2019.

Having said that I can't believe the likes of Matt Ford and other promoters already know what is being proposed and possibly planned. Even Jon Cook let slip in an interview he did on the Lakeside website weeks ago about some exciting changes planned by the BSPA for 2019 after their mid season get together.

I always get worried when they say 'exciting changes' are coming, normally a massive let down!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I always get worried when they say 'exciting changes' are coming, normally a massive let down!

Yes but after all the negativity of 2018. Loss of Rye in Prem and Lakeside having to step in to Rye thus losing Lakeside, many promotions losing their backsides with falling crowds etc, most believe that judgement day has kind of arrived or we spiral down into the abyss.

Maybe we are ultimately on borrowed time anyway in the long run, but something a bit radical has to happen/change. What that change ends up as God only knows, but there has been plenty of air vented about possible League amalgamation with maybe also part of the Champ and N/L becoming a second League. The permutation possibilities are many but of course until we know what these thought provoking changes might be, all we can do is guess and importantly for this season hope that Poole can salvage something from what on the face of it has been a pretty bad season with the rain offs - heavy outlay for the doomed 70th Anniv meeting and the expensive function and costs to fly in (and put up) all those top riders etc. ( I am talking from Matt Ford's perspective). Add to that the incredible under and inconsistent performance by near enough all the team many times this season.

Matt said this season has cost him well into 6 figures (which he said he won't get back), which may be one of the reasons he felt like getting out with all those losses and the sport in general facing maybe long term financial issues unless between them they can come up with something to reignite supporter interest.

Let's hope that commonsense prevails finally in the sports time of need. We need something as no real TV money coming in (I mean decent money) - Big stars no longer interested in the main in coming - Attendances  falling at many tracks - Promoters losing money.

No doubt we shall see come November. Before then we have plenty of racing still to look forward to.

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He had to be seperated from his team mate earlier this season and threatened with the sack. Doesn’t sound good as gold to me.

Think he's learn't a bit sinse then.. You dont cross Garry as Wrighty found out, the same as you dont rub Matt up the wrong way..

Edited by Starman2006

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Heat 14 last night.

No overtaking at poole, according to some... That sort of race will  do Ritchies confidence the world of good.