British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Glasgow v Ipswich

8 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

All sounds perfectly plausible until you factor in 'The Ipswich Way" which is to make hard work of even the easiest situation and generally grab defeat from the jaws of victory :neutral:

Sometimes you hate being right! :angry:

5 up with 3 to go and lose by 5....

And you knew exactly how it was going to go....gated in the lead most races but got passed and then started fallin off for fun.

Just now, Baldyman said:

5 up with 3 to go and lose by 5....

And you knew exactly how it was going to go....gated in the lead most races but got passed and then started fallin off for fun.

Big shame that , thought Ippo were going to do it , deserved more than point imo 

If you keep getting passed and can't stay on ya bike, not sure they deserved anything to be honest.  The amount of times we have a lead going into the last few races and then it going Pete Tong is pretty frustrating....but at least I can cheer for my second team now......come on you Comets:t:

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Let's hope the Glasgow riders were jesting and paying the young lad a compliment.
I remember back in the early 70s a tremendous young rider called Barry Thomas at Hackney being accused of having an oversized engine and it took ages to sort out and it badly affected both his confidence and finances as he had to do without his engine while it was examined, and of course found to be totally legal.

Also hope Scotty is OK.

Very enjoyable meeting Ipswich starting off very well with us coming back at them as the night progressed , Ipswich were good value for at least the point they got but were let down in the big heats with some strange manoeuvres especially from Riss which ultimately cost them.

Young Kemp looks the real deal and a very confident young man also, came across very well on his pit interview . Ultimately I think Edinburgh will be favourites to join P'boro , Lakeside and Worky in the play offs they for me have a more balanced feel about them than either us or Ipswich.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Let's hope the Glasgow riders were jesting and paying the young lad a compliment.
I remember back in the early 70s a tremendous young rider called Barry Thomas at Hackney being accused of having an oversized engine and it took ages to sort out and it badly affected both his confidence and finances as he had to do without his engine while it was examined, and of course found to be totally legal.

Also hope Scotty is OK.

Yes as Chris Louis say's was a compliment to a great young talent the lad has it all, the tongue was firmly in there cheek with the comment.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Very enjoyable meeting Ipswich starting off very well with us coming back at them as the night progressed , Ipswich were good value for at least the point they got but were let down in the big heats with some strange manoeuvres especially from Riss which ultimately cost them.

Young Kemp looks the real deal and a very confident young man also, came across very well on his pit interview . Ultimately I think Edinburgh will be favourites to join P'boro , Lakeside and Worky in the play offs they for me have a more balanced feel about them than either us or Ipswich.

Yes sadly I can't see us taking much in from our visits to Ippo & Lakeside even though Cookie goes well at Foxhall and Sarj has been known to as well.
And in all honesty I think that next Tuesday may be a struggle especially if Nathan is still unavailable.

Bit of sour grapes from Louis, always perceived him as being above that. Both sides offered gifts to each other with Vissing looking like he didnt turn on his fuel in the same heat Starke crashed out for a 0-5. All Ipswich fallers were self inflicted, starting to need two hands to count the number of times Mark Riss has binned it on 3&4 since he came over here. A more clinical side would have slaughtered us, but thats for next week.

Thought Kemp was superb, reminded me of the Dan Bewley of 2016 when he first started, and nothing like the Dan Bewley that rode with us last season.

Cant fathom out why we never used Cook as a tactical for Starke in ht9 when we had the chance, especially as we were never more than six behind again and were only a single point short of stopping Ipswich taking a league point. 

1 minute ago, MD said:

Cant fathom out why we never used Cook as a tactical for Starke in ht9 when we had the chance, especially as we were never more than six behind again and were only a single point short of stopping Ipswich taking a league point. 

Lack, yet again, of tactical awareness and/or rules?

4 minutes ago, MD said:

Bit of sour grapes from Louis, always perceived him as being above that. Both sides offered gifts to each other with Vissing looking like he didnt turn on his fuel in the same heat Starke crashed out for a 0-5. All Ipswich fallers were self inflicted, starting to need two hands to count the number of times Mark Riss has binned it on 3&4 since he came over here. A more clinical side would have slaughtered us, but thats for next week.

Thought Kemp was superb, reminded me of the Dan Bewley of 2016 when he first started, and nothing like the Dan Bewley that rode with us last season.

How did you reach that conclusion  :rolleyes:

Bit of self destruct from Witches,Kemp looks like the real deal superb style and steady as a rock when pressured from Harris for 2laps took Harris all his best to pass him,How Cook never got at a tactical ride is beyond believe.Might come back to haunt Tigers.Covetti rode a great race in heat 15 to get Witches a point.

11 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

How did you reach that conclusion  :rolleyes:

Lots of things get said in the pits but the rider left with his engine. Perhaps a covenient distraction from Louis for another one that got away.