British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Glasgow v Ipswich

13 minutes ago, MD said:

Lots of things get said in the pits but the rider left with his engine. Perhaps a covenient distraction from Louis for another one that got away.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Louis said in that tweet whatsoever  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

As others have said, it was probably tongue in cheek. Why would you measure an engine of a rider whose two heat wins were in 2 of the 3 slowest times of the night. Don't get me wrong he's obviously a great young talent but as Jack showed in heat 14 so is he. As for the match loved it great racing and talking points. sad some Ipswich fans on here are moaning that there riders got overtaken and yet also moan when there is no overtaking at Ipswich. Talking of moaning its you know who next week 

• Like 1

Thought the tiggers were going to lose this at one point, witches were sharp out the gate, young Drew Kemp is such a talent, and should go far, Cant see us beating Edinburgh next week unless our guys find something extra, Cookie apart, we struggled to get any momentum, thought we would have lost heat 14 but fair play to Starke and Thomas, they pulled it out of the bag, surprised that Cookie didnt go as a tac sub in heat 9 when we were 7 down

• Like 1

As many have said , probably the most entertaining 15 heats of speedway at Ashfield this season . Wasnt looking good from our perspective for much of the meeting , but we got our act together and also had a bit of a helping hand from the Witches too .

Watching Craig Cook is a joy to behold , the speed he generates is breathtaking as he passes riders like they were stood still , you cant see him losing a race just at the moment . And what a prospect young Kemp looks . To ride like that having just turned 16 is quite something . 

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Gazc said:

So it is a trick track don't let blobby see that admission he won't like that.;)

We’ll have it tricked to such an extent the opposition won’t be able to get a bike round it. 75-0. Marvellous. 

9 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

surprised that Cookie didnt go as a tac sub in heat 9 when we were 7 down

Got to ask why yet again? It has happened several times this season as have the lack of many other tactical change.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Got to ask why yet again? It has happened several times this season as have the lack of many other tactical change.

When I got home I Noticed you or a doppelganger were following the updates last night. Just wondered if you were at the match cos if not you missed a cracker. I think it's fair to say a lot of people were expecting Craig Cook as a tacky sub, but there you go. 

Cookie not being put out as a tac sub in heat 9 once again highlights his inexperience, it is just another baffling managerial decision in a long list of baffling decisions.

Bottom line do we need a rookie manager that could have cost us last night and probably helped Ipswich gain a point or should we have went with a manager that knows the in & outs of what is required.

Think we all know that answer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

We’ll have it tricked to such an extent the opposition won’t be able to get a bike round it. 75-0. Marvellous. 

I will have a tenner on you don't win 75-0 at the dome of tricks.

2 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

I think it's brilliant what you are doing. Fans have being saying that the bikes are too fast and at armadale thats not the case. Must be great to invent a new sport slowway. I'm sure the crowds will flock in to see it

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I think it's brilliant what you are doing. Fans have being saying that the bikes are too fast and at armadale thats not the case. Must be great to invent a new sport slowway. I'm sure the crowds will flock in to see it

Ooh the hurt is good in this one. Can someone knock up a trick track trophy please and we’ll display it next to the League trophy and the Knockout Cup. 

32 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Ooh the hurt is good in this one. Can someone knock up a trick track trophy please and we’ll display it next to the League trophy and the Knockout Cup. 

Iil get something sorted might not be a trophy mind but will be something appropriate for such trickiness 

Drew Kemp is a seriously impressive talent. His maturity and control on the bike is far beyond his years and he seems to have it all. Let's hope he can avoid injuries and gain opportunities abroad early and make a real go of it. His paid 21 max against Eastbourne for Mildenhall earlier in the year was exceptional and he is just getting better and better every week. I don't think it'll be long before we see him manage to beat a number one in this league.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 10:08 AM, Gazc said:

Cookie not being put out as a tac sub in heat 9 once again highlights his inexperience, it is just another baffling managerial decision in a long list of baffling decisions.

Bottom line do we need a rookie manager that could have cost us last night and probably helped Ipswich gain a point or should we have went with a manager that knows the in & outs of what is required.

Think we all know that answer. 

jacko COULD be available in 2019 ..if we dont run, that is !  then again , was fan @ one time..you stick with cameo ..

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

jacko COULD be available in 2019 ..if we dont run, that is !  then again , was fan @ one time..you stick with cameo ..

Wasn't every team manager, successful or not, a fan before they took on the job? 

Regarding tac-subbing, there was one well-known promoter who instructed his manager never to give the No 1 a tac-sub ride because he was on such a high rate per point.....!