Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Glasgow v Ipswich

As an impartial observer:P, I reckon Ipswich could win this as their reserves could be their secret weapon.

Garcia apparently now mounted on decent equipment could score big time and Kemp has shown the damage he can do with his mega score at Scunny recently.

Add in Mark Riss who bettered Vissing in Monarchs KO cup win @ Ashfield, plus Nicholls, etc., &  the Tigs with even Cookie in their ranks, could be struggling.

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Bit touchy on the west side at the moment i see.

Only when a dafty like you posts cryptic messages instead of just saying what you really mean.

Apart from that all is good. 

52 minutes ago, cyclone said:

As an impartial observer:P, I reckon Ipswich could win this as their reserves could be their secret weapon.

Garcia apparently now mounted on decent equipment could score big time and Kemp has shown the damage he can do with his mega score at Scunny recently.

Add in Mark Riss who bettered Vissing in Monarchs KO cup win @ Ashfield, plus Nicholls, etc., &  the Tigs with even Cookie in their ranks, could be struggling.

All sounds perfectly plausible until you factor in 'The Ipswich Way" which is to make hard work of even the easiest situation and generally grab defeat from the jaws of victory :neutral:

• Like 2

Need nico to come to the party...as his past 2 meetings have been shockers to say the least. Cam is on a very good run of form at the moment...so not worried about him. 

We should have enough to win this and stop Ippo taking anything , my one concern is our extended heat 10 break and track work which invariably means we lose any momentum we had.

Do away with the break and track work tonight it is a Tuesday night and works against us every time, nearly said every week but that would be a lie.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We should have enough to win this and stop Ippo taking anything , my one concern is our extended heat 10 break and track work which invariably means we lose any momentum we had.

Do away with the break and track work tonight it is a Tuesday night and works against us every time, nearly said every week but that would be a lie.

Also being a Tuesday night, those with work &/or kids with school next day,  probably would favour an earlier finish in these circumstances

The loss of Barker for this one could be costly, cant see r/r covering him all that well.

We need to obviously keep Cook and Harris quiet. I think Riss tends to go well there but ive no idea about Cam as he didnt appear to ride there last year (unless he guested for someone) and only got 3 the year before and Nico only got 6 there in 2016 as well.

Nicholls did well for Peterborough and hopefully our reserves can outscore Glasgows though there seems to be a lot of expectation on Drew after his Scunny performance.

I think ultimately we will lose but only just

41 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Also being a Tuesday night, those with work &/or kids with school next day,  probably would favour an earlier finish in these circumstances

Exactly i am taking my 9 year old so the earlier the finish the better.

8 hours ago, Gazc said:

Its only convenient when it's not going for his team of trick track experts , when it is they are superb and there track is magnificent.

He spins more sh*te on here than Jenga which shows how much he spins.

Can’t wait to get pumped 58-32 in the first leg of the play off final but still have the tie in the bag due to the trick track. *insert very smug face*. 

Hope you see a good meeting think the Tigers will shade it.

1 thing that puzzles me 

isn't Tuesday nights for premiership meetings ?

so 2 teams can arrange a match on a night that's reserved for the upper league as they like to call it  but 3 teams were not asked but ordered to change Friday meetings even though they  were agreed before the fixture list was put out and also on a race night for our league ?

yes I know its getting close to end of season and play off cut off dates  

but whats the difference

Sweden is Tuesday. Premiership Monday and Wednesday a for  a some swindon meetings Thursday.. And a re arranged Poole match Thursday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

so it is 

been a long day 

but its still a off night for our league 

Its an off night for both leagues

Just typical that both leagues have decided to use it and managed to arrange fixtures that have a doubling up clash!

2 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

Can’t wait to get pumped 58-32 in the first leg of the play off final but still have the tie in the bag due to the trick track. *insert very smug face*. 

So it is a trick track don't let blobby see that admission he won't like that.;)