British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Wolves v King's Lynn 03/09/18

What's going on,no interest in this match?

Thought i would start the ball rolling then.

Not really a great hunting ground for Lynn,but i feel we have got to get at least a point from this if we want to top the league.Lynn have everyone present but Wolves have N.Morris in for Schlein and Clegg in for Greaves.We came agonizingly close to gaining a point in the A fixture but this time we really have to up our game and at least take a point home.

Will be a tough one for Wolves. Sadly think it will be a Stars win but I hope Wolves prove me wrong!

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Will be a tough one for Wolves. Sadly think it will be a Stars win but I hope Wolves prove me wrong!

Think your playing your hopes down a bit.Wolves have proved to be very strong at home.Whilst Lynn are in good form they do tend to struggle at Monmore for whatever reason.You only have to look at Wolves last week to see how strong they are at home.Down to 5 riders from the off and still won the meeting,against Belle Vue who at the time were in a bit of form themselves.

Hope your are right though and the Stars do get the win:rolleyes:

Wolves win, for Stars to take a point home, Iversen & Proctor need to match Lambert.

Always tough at Wolves but the Stars will give it a good go.... 

When Wolves choose to run with Thorsell rather than  Lindgren  I always believed they would struggle , especially on away tracks, and so it has turned out to be.  .  At the start of the Season  Rory was on fire  and compensated for Freddie missing,    The one  thing that has kept them in contention is their ability to win at home.   A track that is extremely difficult to master has helped them  to maintain their home supremacy.    Tonight will be no different.   This is probably one of the hardest places to go and get a result,   but I feel confident that the Stars have enough strength in depth to cause them problems ,  especially with Wolves  using 2 guests.    

If we can stay in contention till the later stages,  then we will be in with a shout.     A win, would be beyond expectations,  but a solitary point  would  be the icing on the cake.   I'm going for a close and exciting match  with a last heat decider.    46-44  either way....

Wish I was going now!!!

• Like 1

Can see Lynn nicking this one...NKI and Procter ex Monmore, Lambert should be scoring his average there as well.  should leave the other 4 to grab an average of 4 points a piece.  Certainly doable.

• Like 1

As Wolves have no chance of winning anything this year, then I wouldn't mind a Stars or Rebels league title. Still like to win tonight though !

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

As Wolves have no chance of winning anything this year, then I wouldn't mind a Stars or Rebels league title. Still like to win tonight though !

ABP, again:D

• Like 1

Its a pity BT Sport are not covering this match tonight, as I think it will be a close one. I don't suppose Radio WM are doing a commentary either?

Hoping for a Stars win, or at least a point, but with Neils blowing a bit hot and cold and Simon Lambert at reserve who never seems to do much at any away track, I'm really not sure what will happen.

15 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think your playing your hopes down a bit.Wolves have proved to be very strong at home.Whilst Lynn are in good form they do tend to struggle at Monmore for whatever reason.You only have to look at Wolves last week to see how strong they are at home.Down to 5 riders from the off and still won the meeting,against Belle Vue who at the time were in a bit of form themselves.

Hope your are right though and the Stars do get the win:rolleyes:

We are decent at home and that’s a fair point. We should win at home but with us now needing to win away to even stand a chance of potentially nicking that 4th spot I’d like to see us performing better away leading into the play offs not getting worse!

The Stars look really good with Riss now part of the team and I’d favour them over any team right now.

Lambert is awesome at the Green, Robert I mean. Puk is a former Wolf and track record holder and Proctor is a Wolves asset with plenty of experience of the track. 1-6 is superb in those positions with only Simon a potential weak link.

Ill be massively delighted if Wolves win but won’t be surprised in the slightest if the Stars take all points on offer. They are THE team to beat now and I hope they go on and win the title now.

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Careful, you will have Bwitcher claiming we are still very much in it and could still make and win the play offs. :D Back in the real world however you are completely right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Kings Lynn win

Nick Morris in bang average form 

His average with bonus points is 8.00, so you are predicting paid 8 from 4 or paid 10 from 5 then? Yes?