British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

Wolves v King's Lynn 03/09/18

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I stated also that Wolves weren’t good enough to make the play offs and wouldn’t.

we had something to ride for technically not realistically.

Anyway I know you like to always be right so you must be really happy right now. Do we still have something to race for by the way on Wednesday? :rolleyes:

I am right, it's not a discussion.

We had something to ride for. Had we won or even got a draw tonight, we would potentially still have had something to ride for on Wednesday.

Now we don't have anything to race for, other than pride, on Wednesday.

Very simple concept.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

If you had won tonight it would still be impossible for you to make the play offs.

I’ve known that for weeks. Would have taken a freak of nature or several away wins for it to be a possible reality. That reality ended after 2 defeats at Kings Lynn.

Still, I’m sure it makes some happy to believe we still had a chance. 1% at best.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Everything's falling into the lap of the Stars tonight.

Proctor pulling out of the meeting at one of his former tracks, what a stroke of luck.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If you had won tonight it would still be impossible for you to make the play offs.

Perhaps you might wish to learn what the word 'impossible' means. Improbable yes, Impossible no.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I’ve known that for weeks. Would have taken a freak of nature or several away wins for it to be a possible reality. That reality ended after 2 defeats at Kings Lynn.

Still, I’m sure it makes some happy to believe we still had a chance. 1% at best.

Thankyou for finally posting that you were wrong. We got there in the end.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Thankyou for finally posting that you were wrong. We got there in the end.

That’s it, you hang on to that 1% chance as your proof.

still the result was always going to be the same as I’ve been saying for weeks we never stood a chance. I was right eventually.:neutral:

6 hours ago, stevebrum said:

That’s it, you hang on to that 1% chance as your proof.

still the result was always going to be the same as I’ve been saying for weeks we never stood a chance. I was right eventually.:neutral:

In all honesty, when you came to our place recently, you were by far the weakest  team we had raced against this year.  Only half the team were good enough and the rest were way off the pace....      I said at the time how surprising it was to see them that weak.     Their home form has been their saviour  this year,  but even then, the results have been much closer than they used to be. .  

It didn't surprise that we won tonight,  I always thought it would be close,   but the way Wolves folded,  must have disappointed even the most ardent supporters.....  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Perhaps you might wish to learn what the word 'impossible' means. Improbable yes, Impossible no.

Impossible to beat Poole  because of your points difference. Had another look you could have got above Belle Vue and Swindon with some results going your way. 

Edited by foreverblue

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Impossible because of your points difference. 

What are you on about?! If Wolves had won last night an away win at Poole (improbable as advised!) would have given them a shout. Not impossible by any stretch.

:blink:

12 minutes ago, Ace no.5 said:

What are you on about?! If Wolves had won last night an away win at Poole (improbable as advised!) would have given them a shout. Not impossible by any stretch.

:blink:

Yes ok looked at it from a Poole perspective, they could have got above Belle Vue and Swindon with results going their way. 

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ok thanks. Any idea who goes first?

Surely it`s pretty obvious who goes first. the team who finishes top at the end of the regular season, we know chooses the opposition and also decides if they want their leg 1st or 2nd.

The remaining match is between the other 2 qualified teams and the team that finished higher in the regular season has the choice of their home leg 1st or 2nd.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

In all honesty, when you came to our place recently, you were by far the weakest  team we had raced against this year.  Only half the team were good enough and the rest were way off the pace....      I said at the time how surprising it was to see them that weak.     Their home form has been their saviour  this year,  but even then, the results have been much closer than they used to be. .  

It didn't surprise that we won tonight,  I always thought it would be close,   but the way Wolves folded,  must have disappointed even the most ardent supporters.....  

From the seemingly strong position of being 10 points up, Wolves fans would have thought they would win in a canter but with Robert Lambert and Iversen in the team anything is possible.

Kings Lynn seem to be the form team right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Surely it`s pretty obvious who goes first. the team who finishes top at the end of the regular season, we know chooses the opposition and also decides if they want their leg 1st or 2nd.

The remaining match is between the other 2 qualified teams and the team that finished higher in the regular season has the choice of their home leg 1st or 2nd.

I think what SS is getting at is,that apparently the 1st semi final is the 17th Sept,the 2nd semi is 24th Sept and on Oct 1st is both semi finals 2nd legs.So by the looks of it there will be two teams that go first.