British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2018/19

Sat and watched Jasper Iwema vlogs last night, my goodness the life of a central European ice speedway rider is far from glitz and glammer!!!!!

Practice in Finland cancelled

Temp is gonna be on the plus side for friday falling below zero by sat morning. The meeting itself is in no danger.

Nyrönen travels to Övik to replace Divis so Kirilov is 1st and Jani Koivula 2nd reserve at Kauhajoki.

26 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Nyrönen travels to Övik to replace Divis so Kirilov is 1st and Jani Koivula 2nd reserve at Kauhajoki.

He is actualy replacing Philip Lageder. Andrej Divis is already replaced by Robert Růžička.

Lots of changes in the lineups this year. The Czechs replaced 4 riders already.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

He is actualy replacing Philip Lageder. Andrej Divis is already replaced by Robert Růžička.

Lots of changes in the lineups this year. The Czechs replaced 4 riders already.

Not funny riders getting injured but funny still. It happens!

Part of the game indeed. Makes the wildcard nominations quite interesting though.

Regular boys Simon and Klabo missing out due to injuries.

10 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I know it's part and parcel but to me it's going to lead to a weak line up 4 the ISG???

It's the best possible lineup for the year, like always.

Any predictions? Both look realy tough.

Sweden: M.Haarahiltunen, N.Svensson, F.Zorn, H.Weber, N.Toloknov, D.Valeev, A.Shishegov... maybe G.Bauer?

Finland: O.Ledstrom, S.Svensson, D.Ivanov, D.Khomitsevich look certain... then S.Pletschacher, M.Niedermaier, T.Busch, J.Iwema, C.Ebner?

Tani has to get some results and I can't see why he couldn't be in the top6.

Isoaho did well last year in the Kauhajoki meeting, all others are first timers without practise on a frozen SPEEDWAY track. Looking forward to a few harmless wobbles in the first set of heats.

EDIT: added word harmless

Edited by f-s-p

7 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Any predictions? Both look realy tough.

Sweden: M.Haarahiltunen, N.Svensson, F.Zorn, H.Weber, N.Toloknov, D.Valeev, A.Shishegov... maybe G.Bauer?

Finland: O.Ledstrom, S.Svensson, D.Ivanov, D.Khomitsevich look certain... then S.Pletschacher, M.Niedermaier, T.Busch, J.Iwema, C.Ebner?

'No Mates' Bauer may well get the permanent wild card if he doesnt qualify, however I'd like to see Busch Iwema and Ebner go through. My head says the more experienced riders will go through. Surpised to see how few 'regulars' are in the qualifiers, and it does seem odd not to have a Klatovsky riding.

I know Jesper will be doing live updates from Finland, but are there any updates from Sweden?

Theres a stream from övik I’m told. No idea where. 

Conkers, I see you refer to Bauer as " no mates" and I heard the commentator for FIM TV say in coverage last year that him and Weber have a frosty relationship. What's the issue with him?