British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Buxton vs Kent

With only 3 Sundays left, which one are Kent going up on?

Not seen any news as yet from either club, but as this stands to be the clubs biggest meeting of the season there should be quite a few of us looking to make travel and accommodation reservations.

I have zero luck with Buxton, every time I plan too or actually go it's off, every time I can't go it's on. 

23rd September as part of a double header with Plymouth. Could be crucial for both away sides, so hopefully Buxton get a decent gate for this.

50 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Where did you pick up the 23rd date ? I have seen nothing published about this match.

I believe it is on Kent's website nothing on Buxtons when I last checked.

Buxton may surprise a few people on Sunday with their double header.  Kent in particular look vulnerable to me.

Their record there is not that good anyway and would have to be on top of their game to win...doubtful IMO

14 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Buxton may surprise a few people on Sunday with their double header.  Kent in particular look vulnerable to me.

Their record there is not that good anyway and would have to be on top of their game to win...doubtful IMO

Kent will be doing a rain dance i suspect, play offs now confirmed so no need to risk anything, i suspect the race will be on to get excuses in early. With a KO cup semi final at home the next day there will be plenty of minor injuries that need an extra days rest or broken down vans preventing key riders travelling north.

37 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Crikey "Sings", what a cynical view of life !

uh oh having an upbeat day today too. Was meant a little more looking at the big picture with play offs and KO cups coming up. A tiring jaunt to Buxton and a result that will make no difference either way vs additional preparation time ahead of the Eastbourne match and fresh riders.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Kent will be doing a rain dance i suspect, play offs now confirmed so no need to risk anything, i suspect the race will be on to get excuses in early. With a KO cup semi final at home the next day there will be plenty of minor injuries that need an extra days rest or broken down vans preventing key riders travelling north.

Don't think I can leave the house now, made me think the trip to Tesco's this afternoon could be a problem :o

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, teaboy279 said:

I have zero luck with Buxton, every time I plan too or actually go it's off, every time I can't go it's on. 

With this is mind, rain given every day between now at then, and persistent rain from 4pm Saturday till 8pm Sunday. My record could well continue...

Tbf that forecast is for Buxton town, rather then the track and I have friends who live in buxton. A couple of years back Benny came home from bangers like a drowned get having been fixing cars in the at time torrential persistent rain up at Hi Edge to find his Mrs needed after sun applied having spent the afternoon in the neighbours garden having a bbq.

If there is any hope of it being on, I hope to be there.

I think this time of the year with big fixtures coming up, the more competitive seat time the better for the boys. We have two possibly four matches against Eastbourne, and the reward for any victories there will be two matches against Mildenhall as the "prize", 

So as long as the riders stay safe I hope for some competitive racing. Wilson is class so will have good races with all our heat leaders, Coles has come back from injury in the fine form he showed 2nd half of 2017. Woolley is no mug, and Whitmore and Pavitt can both score well at home. Don't know much about young Douglas, but I think as a scoreline it will be comfortable for Kent maybe 10-12 points but I think there should be some cracking battles along the way.