British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Kent vs Mildenhall

Both teams at full strength (Couzins in for O Keefe) for what will be a serious test for the home side. There should be some good racing served up, but for Kent to get anything from the match will be considered a massive shock to speedway world.

Mildenhall won in a tight match last time they visited, and they were missing Drew Kemp on that occasion.

Danny is obviously a club hero and knows the track well, if the track is good expect him to be track record hunting in heat 1. Drew,Jordan,Ryan,and Josh represent 4 further number 1 quality riders. In reserve Matt Marson is hitting form with a man of the match performance against Eastbourne, and one of my fav riders the luckless but courageous Sam Bebee, who hopefully now can avoid injury and kick on. Essentially for me it is the greatest National League side assembled. And with no skull duggery either. They picked their team like everyone else, and looked strong from the off. But I don't think anyone thought Kemp would do quite as well as he has, and the improvements in Kinsley has been awesome.

All in all tonight as a Kent fan I go there with no expectations, other then getting some good close action and a safe evening to all 14 riders. I think if I was Kent TM I would be telling the boys there is absolutely no pressure to score tonight, go and enjoy it and see what results materialise.

• Like 1

Well Mildenhall have put together a very formidable side this year but it would take a monumental effort to go through the league season unbeaten. 

I fully expect either Kent, Eastbourne or Birmingham at full strength to potentially end the current winning streak at some point. 

Its just scary how good mildy are this year, theyve lost at least 7 points with josh bailey out and still won easy. Just no stopping them

If they stay injury free, I can't see anyone stopping mildenhall. Drew Kemp was superb last night, his ride from the back in heat 15 was sublime.

Have to agree with most of the comments on this thread so far. It was very noticeable that the Mildenhall riders were handling the track better in the

early races with Kent appearing to improve in the later stages as the track slicked out.  Must be a lesson to be learned form that I think ?

Paul Hurry's bike looked very slow and packed up completely in the first heat.