British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington shield semi finals

35 minutes ago, montie said:

strange  i thought the payment problems were reported before the moving of race nights?  

Ha maybe!, but I never saw the so called problems being reported in the first place, it's all hear say and hush hush when it comes to this sport, just like attendances...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

at least he pays unlike some eh!!

:rofl: that the best you could come up with !!!! Tell me again who have a chance of the Play-offs, KOC, Champion Shield...hey we not doing bad for a team with riders not getting paid, I really don;t think they are riding their hearts out just for the love of speedway  :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

:rofl: that the best you could come up with !!!! Tell me again who have a chance of the Play-offs, KOC, Champion Shield...hey we not doing bad for a team with riders not getting paid, I really don;t think they are riding their hearts out just for the love of speedway  :P

indeed..a fine season and an interesting fixture head,Scunny judged edged in on ag in the league but be closer this time i feel

8 hours ago, Taylorj said:

I'm sure you are Godfrey in disguise :lol: or he's paying you 

or maybe a friendship we cant talk about on open forum

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, Taylorj said:

These on a 2.00 championship average....

On 9/4/2018 at 9:55 PM, jenga said:

dont some if those mentioned have pl/championship averages ?

On 9/4/2018 at 10:09 PM, RS50 said:

I believe Ben Wilson had averaged over 7 in 2nd division at some point.

....My bad lol

Saw ty at kings lyn  tonight said he ofc to see.a.doc on fri dont think he will be fit for the weekend was walking very stiffly 

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Anders Rowe rides at 6 for the Scorpions.

who dat den ?

1 hour ago, jenga said:

who dat den ?

Anders Rowe rides for Kent and his latest  average is 6.79.

Ironic isnt it we cant find a suitable guest on a friday night at scunny now who was it that stopped us riding on fridays during the summer because they couldnt.find suitable guests???

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Ironic isnt it we cant find a suitable guest on a friday night at scunny now who was it that stopped us riding on fridays during the summer because they couldnt.find suitable guests???

why did you take Dale Lamb to Glasgow on a Friday earlier in the season? ironic isnt it

Edited by montie

25 minutes ago, montie said:

why did you take Dale Lamb to Glasgow on a Friday earlier in the season? ironic isnt it

I dont know the answer but welcome your thoughts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, montie said:

why did you take Dale Lamb to Glasgow on a Friday earlier in the season? ironic isn't it

Honestly

Tony Jackson rang every possible rider who 1. fitted the missing rider's points average limit 2. riders who were not racing that night and appeared to be available and 3.ultimately (and thanks to him) Dale was the only rider who was "available" to (and wanted to) do the meeting. So even on Glasgow's preferred race night Workington still had difficulty in obtaining a rider with Championship credentials to replace a rider (Dan Bewley) when they were allowed a facility. So they went, sucked it up and fulfilled the match .

However when certain other clubs had difficulty in obtaining  guest riders they choose to pull the pre-agreed meeting of three other teams, whose first choice race night wasn't a Friday, to allow these Friday clubs a bigger pool of riders to choose from but this was on their chosen race night. 

Not exactly cricket is it

Regards
THJ

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Tony Jackson rang every possible rider who 1. fitted the missing rider's points average limit 2. riders who were not racing that night and appeared to be available and 3.ultimately (and thanks to him) Dale was the only rider who was "available" to (and wanted to) do the meeting. So even on Glasgow's preferred race night Workington still had difficulty in obtaining a rider with Championship credentials to replace a rider (Dan Bewley) when they were allowed a facility. So they went, sucked it up and fulfilled the match .

However when certain other clubs had difficulty in obtaining  guest riders they choose to pull the pre-agreed meeting of three other teams, whose first choice race night wasn't a Friday, to allow these Friday clubs a bigger pool of riders to choose from but this was on their chosen race night. 

Not exactly cricket is it

Regards
THJ

Yeah and to rub salt in the wounds, three of the "Scrapped" fixtures at Home v Peterborough (August 3rd), Newcastle (August 10th), and Lakeside (August 17th) are still to be run when they as per early season agreement could have been done and dusted by now, leaving Workington to complete their League campaign as of now with one home and one away fixture.

Now of course, as it is looking like there will be no date for the Lakeside home meeting before the cut-off, the Comets could be denied a chance of a top 4 place due to that Friday night decision. Additionally Lakeside, another club forced to cancel some Friday night fixtures, are also in the same boat.

• Like 2