British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington shield semi finals

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

At the start of the season we covered for the loss of Steve, mostly, with r/r as the riders were doing well. It was the loss of Stefan that changed matters & guests became hard to find. Having 4 meetings(in the CL) caused problems in getting guests from the CL & Riders from the PL are the same riders as most double up. The issue was probably brought up at Promoters meeting where the board of 5 members or the full compliment of promoters present would have had a say. It seems only some "keyboard warrior's" have issues through rose tinted glasses. Obviously, the problem was resolved by only allowing the 3 main Friday tracks to race on that night unless 2 tracks were involved in the same fixture allowing 1 other meeting to take place, which has happened recently & Redcar are racing Sheffield tonight.

In other words, nobody had the forethought of this happening when the fixtures where agreed before the season started. the fixtures were agreed to at the start of the season, so should have stood.  This not through rose-tinted glasses, but from a neutral, who just wants to see rules and structure adhered to.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, StevePark said:

In other words, nobody had the forethought of this happening when the fixtures where agreed before the season started. the fixtures were agreed to at the start of the season, so should have stood.  This not through rose-tinted glasses, but from a neutral, who just wants to see rules and structure adhered to.

I think you’ll have to explain “forethought” to the BSPA. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, comet49 said:

I think you’ll have to explain “forethought” to the BSPA. 

BSPA will be thinking what's forethought got to do with it,  when there was five of us that made the decision to cancel  meetings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Not looking good for Workington to fulfill their home fixture with Lakeside before the cut off date.:oops:

A certain late promoter would not have stood for this fixture debacle.

Unless it suited him of course.

• Like 1

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

Just now, Tsunami said:

Unless it suited him of course.

He would have made sure meetings were held during the summer months though.

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

He would have made sure meetings were held during the summer months though.

Only if Stoney and Peter I  were available. (says someone who dealt with him to try and arrange fixtures)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Only if Stoney and Peter I  were available. (says someone who dealt with him to try and arrange fixtures)

I take your point but still maintain he would be getting meetings run before the cut off date.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Overcast & cool with possible light shower about(natural watering) but nothing to upset the meeting.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/map/gcx8c5kxh#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1536292800&zoom=9&lon=-0.91&lat=53.58

We are having the shower now, albeit, 4 miles from track & it is a bit heavy. It needs to stop so they can remove standing water & prepare track.

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I welcome your thoughts, & others will chip in too,  & this is an honest question, are you weaker without Bewley or stronger with Aarnio?

Marksman posted this earlier

Tero Aarnio would be a great choice of guest for the Comets for Dan, has already scored 29+2 in 3 meetings at Scunthorpe this season including 15 when guesting for us earlier this season.

The facts are that Aarnio scored 30 +2 in 2 consecutive meetings plus another 9 from 5 including a retirement(puncture) when leading.

Bewley has not raced here in 2018 & only scored 5 from 4 in his only visit previously.

•  

Dan will be a miss for the comets and.scunny fans who miss out on seeing dan at your track , tero.a good choise though.

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

also as stated at the time it was rumoured that a scunny official was behind the pulling of 3 tracks fixtures to help his own team out 

it just goes to back that theory up 

fixture list before the season favoured the team/teams who got the others future fixtures rearranged making life difficult for 3 teams 

Rumoured....correct   i think if you look at the timing Scunny didnt have a Friday fixture without being back to full strength

so what was you excuse being being late last year?  was that Scunnys fault too?

16 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

We are having the shower now, albeit, 4 miles from track & it is a bit heavy. It needs to stop so they can remove standing water & prepare track.

standing water?  where?

I wish Workington and other teams would stop bleating about getting there fixture in before the top 4 playoff date can I just put some reasons up for this 

1- Speedway can be run from mid March till October 

2- So if upto the cut off date from mid March to early September there are 20 to 24. regular racenights to operate on

3 - Take  1 knockout cup fixture , 3 championship shield matches  and 10 league fixtures at home so that leaves approximately 6 to 8 dates for rain offs 

4- The cut off date has been extended by 10 days 

5- We've had the best summer for over 30 years 

one last point look at my 5 reasons and ask yourself is it your own promotions fault not to fulfill fixtures as they won't have there best team available or is it all to easy to blame       Rob Godfrey  

I Rest my case

• Like 3

1 hour ago, montie said:

standing water?  where?

Sorry Tom. Just expected standing water at bends 1 & 3 with the amount of rain we had in Ashby.

Edited by IronScorpion