British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington shield semi finals

1 hour ago, montie said:

standing water?  where?

you are standing on it .

looks like getting guests on Fridays is still hard , but looks like getting a texter is even harder ! how you going to solve this one godders ?

Guest WTF1

Usual Scunny rubbish reserves,  can't believe Phillips is still there. 

3 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

I wish Workington and other teams would stop bleating about getting there fixture in before the top 4 playoff date can I just put some reasons up for this 

1- Speedway can be run from mid March till October 

2- So if upto the cut off date from mid March to early September there are 20 to 24. regular racenights to operate on

3 - Take  1 knockout cup fixture , 3 championship shield matches  and 10 league fixtures at home so that leaves approximately 6 to 8 dates for rain offs 

4- The cut off date has been extended by 10 days 

5- We've had the best summer for over 30 years 

one last point look at my 5 reasons and ask yourself is it your own promotions fault not to fulfill fixtures as they won't have there best team available or is it all to easy to blame       Rob Godfrey  

I Rest my case

Enjoy your rest, it would have been a lot more palatable for those affected clubs if the fixture list hadn't been adopted by the BSPA. Let's be honest both the home and away clubs had agreed to every Friday fixture that was in the list so wtf were the rest of them doing when this occurred?

• Like 3

Seeing as this is the Scunny v Worky thread, can anyone that actually went comment on the match please.

I was unable to go, and no, it wasn’t Rob Godfrey’s fault I couldn’t make it.

• Like 1

Well done boys I’ll take a draw back to Worky all day long :t: Beat them by a point at home , game over job done :approve:

Seems Godfrey made a bit of a boob trying to drop Danny Phillips, just goes to show they think they can make up their own rules to suit :lol:

• Like 2

Odd meeting... not sure how Worky didnt win to be honest they certainly looked the better team... not great racing until the last heat but what a last heat it was.. 

32 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Well done boys I’ll take a draw back to Worky all day long :t: Beat them by a point at home , game over job done :approve:

Seems Godfrey made a bit of a boob trying to drop Danny Phillips, just goes to show they think they can make up their own rules to suit :lol:

Think rob was right as Danny duck egg was crap again tonight didn’t get anywhere near an opponent after tapes went up , he is to scunny what jye etheridge is to Edinburgh 

25 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think rob was right as Danny duck egg was crap again tonight didn’t get anywhere near an opponent after tapes went up , he is to scunny what jye etheridge is to Edinburgh 

Strange meeting really Workington gated and we're superb early on with Rene Bach and Kindt and goodback upfrom the others ,then Scunny got going with Jake Allen and Josh Auty leading the comeback and think a draw was a fair result 

As a Scunny fan it was a big decision by the Worky team manager not to put Bach or Klindt out in heat 15 and it backfired so all to play for at Derwent Park some time in October   

Shyte meeting to be fair... Scunny not firing, pretty woeful at times... Drab affair, barring the last heat....Workington perhaps deserved to win but no doubt they'll take the draw, should be enough to win through. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

Shyte meeting to be fair... Scunny not firing, pretty woeful at times... Drab affair, barring the last heat....Workington perhaps deserved to win but no doubt they'll take the draw, should be enough to win through. 

First time ever I put my programme away and sat waiting for the end. I had to as I was in my sons car.  Why is it that we have to wait for about 4 heats before our lads get going. Thanks to Josh and Jake for a very entertaining last heat yet again....brilliant lads always brill to watch.

Tonights meeting was a very poor show in general, Workington started the better, and looked likely winners building up an 8 point lead with two races to go, but somehow Scunny hit back with two x 5-1 in heats 14 & 15.  There was very little passing tonight, every race being strung out, it was also cold and the meeting got off to a bad start with gate problems, then mic problems, in fact this was very unlike most EWR meetings, excepting the final two races, but two races out of 15 is not good enough.

The meeting for scunthorpe supporters was ruined by the news that Phillips was still with us after being sacked last week, as expected he followed his 23 previous 23 races without scoring a point, by adding 5 more zero's to his total making it 28 races without scoring a point.

In mine and many more fans opinions, this guy is a selfish, self centred childish guy and has no thoughts for supporters, team members or for that matter nobody but himself, even by turning up after more or less forcing Rob Godfrey into reinstalling him, after all his crying and bleeting just shows how very thick skinned he must be.

After keeping him in the team all season, and with him just bringing up the rear in nearly every race, pissing off many supporters on his way, the promoter kept faith in the selfish brat until the very end of season, I still cannot get over the neck he has shown.

I for one cannot see him ever getting another team that would support signing him, knowing this is how he reacts, just to suit himself, I for one hope his efforts are finally over.

Edited by Scorpison

15 minutes ago, Scorpison said:

Tonights meeting was a very poor show in general, Workington started the better, and looked likely winners building up an 8 point lead with two races to go, but somehow Scunny hit back with two x 5-1 in heats 14 & 15.

The meeting for scunthorpe supporters was ruined by the news that Phillips was still with us after being sacked last week, as expected he followed his 23 previous 23 races without scoring a point, by adding 5 more zero's to his total making it 28 races without scoring a point.

In mine and many more fans opinions, this guy is a selfish, self centred childish guy and has no thoughts for supporters, team members or for that matter nobody but himself, even by turning up after more or less forcing Rob Godfrey into reinstalling him, after all his crying and bleeting just shows how very thick skinned he must be.

After keeping him in the team all season, and with him just bringing up the rear in nearly every race, pissing off many supporters on his way, the promoter kept faith in the selfish brat until the very end of season, I still cannot get over the neck he has shown.

I for one cannot see him ever getting another team that would support signing him, knowing this is how he reacts, just to suit himself, I for one hope his efforts are finally over.

He didn't force Godfrey to take him back  ,  Godfrey didn't follow the  rules and if he wanted to release him  , then he should have done it the proper way before the cut off date or does Godfrey think that rule doesn't apply to him .  I  hope,  Danny carries on and can score a point or two , but doubt it as his confidence must be very low,.If anybody is to blame it's not Danny , try blaming Godfrey and tell him the rule applies to all championship teams including Scunthorpe.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 5

Were Workington allowed to ride on a Friday? ..

What is going on?...:rolleyes:

• Like 1