British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington shield semi finals

Guest WTF1
19 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

He didn't force Godfrey to take him back  ,  Godfrey didn't follow the  rules and if he wanted to release him  , then he should have done it the proper way before the cut off date or does Godfrey think that rule doesn't apply to him .  I  hope,  Danny carries on and can score a point or two , but doubt it as his confidence must be very low,.If anybody is to blame it's not Danny , try blaming Godfrey and tell him the rule applies to all championship teams including Scunthorpe.

I'm not a fan of Godfrey but  I can't see your point why Danny phillips is so poor,  Phillips is the one riding the bike half a lap behind the others not Godfrey,  he has had all year to get used to the track but has gone from bad to worse,  the worst rider Scunthorpe has ever had. 

2 minutes ago, HerniaWise said:

I'm not a fan of Godfrey but  I can't see your point why Danny phillips is so poor,  Phillips is the one riding the bike half a lap behind the others not Godfrey,  he has had all year to get used to the track but has gone from bad to worse,  the worst rider Scunthorpe has ever had. 

I wish people would stop blaming Rob Godfrey for Danny Phillips poor efforts. We all know Danny suffered a serious injury and thanks to Rob he was given a reserve berth to make a come back.  His efforts has been painful to watch for us  but Rob stood with him.  It is clear to all us Scorps fans that we wish Danny to come good, BUT and its a big BUT he has had a whole season to improve. sadly he hasn't!. Danny is a nice lad but don't blame Rob, He's given him practically a full  season to come good.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, June said:

I wish people would stop blaming Rob Godfrey for Danny Phillips poor efforts. We all know Danny suffered a serious injury and thanks to Rob he was given a reserve berth to make a come back.  His efforts has been painful to watch for us  but Rob stood with him.  It is clear to all us Scorps fans that we wish Danny to come good, BUT and its a big BUT he has had a whole season to improve. sadly he hasn't!. Danny is a nice lad but don't blame Rob, He's given him practically a full  season to come good.

And then tried to drop him when he wasnt allowed to... 

• Like 1

heard a rumour  that James Sarjeant and Danny Phillips are nailed on @ 6 and 7 in 2019 (tic)

the sacking of Danny Phillips  AND THE RE INSTATEMENT just goes to show how much respect and knowledge  Godfrey has for the rules of speedway . him and doctor Harkess are two small people in the world of speedway trying to be big .if you are running a sport/business , you SHOULD know how it works one makes a track too grippy to ride and the other knows jack !

good result for wucky last neet . well done the marras .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Scorpison said:

Tonights meeting was a very poor show in general, Workington started the better, and looked likely winners building up an 8 point lead with two races to go, but somehow Scunny hit back with two x 5-1 in heats 14 & 15.  There was very little passing tonight, every race being strung out, it was also cold and the meeting got off to a bad start with gate problems, then mic problems, in fact this was very unlike most EWR meetings, excepting the final two races, but two races out of 15 is not good enough.

The meeting for scunthorpe supporters was ruined by the news that Phillips was still with us after being sacked last week, as expected he followed his 23 previous 23 races without scoring a point, by adding 5 more zero's to his total making it 28 races without scoring a point.

In mine and many more fans opinions, this guy is a selfish, self centred childish guy and has no thoughts for supporters, team members or for that matter nobody but himself, even by turning up after more or less forcing Rob Godfrey into reinstalling him, after all his crying and bleeting just shows how very thick skinned he must be.

After keeping him in the team all season, and with him just bringing up the rear in nearly every race, pissing off many supporters on his way, the promoter kept faith in the selfish brat until the very end of season, I still cannot get over the neck he has shown.

I for one cannot see him ever getting another team that would support signing him, knowing this is how he reacts, just to suit himself, I for one hope his efforts are finally over.

So you feel Rob should be allowed to change his 1-7 after the cut off date when no-one else is? Taking a poor performer out who is uninjured or not withholding his services does not allow a NL guest particularly if the rider says he is fit/capable. You'd no doubt feel better if a NL bandit had scored 2 or 3 points last night but that's hardly fair on the visitors, Rob, somewhat understandably, was strengthening up - a bit like Sheffield did with a facility for Shanes last week. 

• Like 2

Guest WTF1
16 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

So you feel Rob should be allowed to change his 1-7 after the cut off date when no-one else is? Taking a poor performer out who is uninjured or not withholding his services does not allow a NL guest particularly if the rider says he is fit/capable. You'd no doubt feel better if a NL bandit had scored 2 or 3 points last night but that's hardly fair on the visitors, Rob, somewhat understandably, was strengthening up - a bit like Sheffield did with a facility for Shanes last week. 

Definitely not capable. 

Does part of the problem here not lie with sticking with manzares all season too? Now don’t get me wrong I’m not blaming the guy for Phillips barely scoring a point all season but considering manzares has dropped a point off his start of season average he was meant to be the strong reserve and at times he’s been just as bad as Phillips. 

This doesn’t deflect from the illegal move Godfrey tried to pull by sacking someone after the cut off date though. He really should know the rules! 

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

thats simply not true  you can fire anyone at at anytime you just cant re declare and have to use NL guests

30 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

This doesn’t deflect from the illegal move Godfrey tried to pull by sacking someone after the cut off date though. He really should know the rules! 

it isnt an illegal move to fire a rider,you just cant redeclare your 1-7 

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Cant understand why rene or nic were in ht 15 ?

id say protecting them for up coming meetings,which was a smart thing to do if the case

Dispite coming 3rd in heat 15 Rasmus rode a blinder in that heat,  an what a race it was

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, montie said:

id say protecting them for up coming meetings,which was a smart thing to do if the case

Dispite coming 3rd in heat 15 Rasmus rode a blinder in that heat,  an what a race it was

that's 1 thing ive seen all season regardless of being in1st or 4th rasmus has rode well all season long  with maybe 1 meeting when he looked a little off the pace 

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

Were Workington allowed to ride on a Friday? ..

What is going on?...:rolleyes:

It suited Scunny ! 

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

A speedway rider is doing a job that he gets paid for, like everyone eles. " A Boss can sack a person for not doing his job for all sorts of reasons.  Bad at the job. poor time keeping, lazy,  .  In Dan Philips case we simply had a rider not doing his job of scoring  points.  He was never expected to score loads of points because he was back from injury. He's had loads of time and you really have to be a Scunny regular viewer to see how bad at the job he had become! As a promoter Rob had fans moaning, missing meetings. Let this be a lesson to other teams. It could happen to your own team.