British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington shield semi finals

38 minutes ago, jenga said:

it will only  happen to your team IF  Mr Godfrey is in charge of it ! guys a nugget. half carrot, half brain cell . (tic) tock .

there really is no wonder your own team promotion banned you in all honesty..what is it that say about glass house and stones?

10 minutes ago, montie said:

because ,im told[ but not straight from the horses mouth so to speak],that,the SCB threatened a fine for bringing speedway into distripute,so to avoid the fine Danny was put back in

how the hell taking a lad out of the firing line and giving another youngster the chance is doing that ill never know,it was clearly visable last night the lad is really struggling and with several NL riders calling desperate for the a change in the CL i makes it all the more stupid

fair play to Phillips for turning up i guess, so dispite being totally off the pace last night again credit due to him for that

Except dropping him had nothing to do with protecting him... it was to make Scunthorpe stronger which isnt allowed at this stage of the season Godfrey knows this better than most but still tried it... cheating or stupid i know which one i think it was 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

Except dropping him had nothing to do with protecting him... it was to make Scunthorpe stronger which isnt allowed at this stage of the season Godfrey knows this better than most but still tried it... cheating or stupid i know which one i think it was 

that is where you are wrong,i fail to see any rider in the NL that can make scunny stronger,but you never know either,one rider may just hit the ground running

and if you had heard the crowd last week,which i dont think you would have,then im sure you would agree with taking Danny out,some of the things said were unpleasant and un called for and no-one deserves that

6 minutes ago, montie said:

that is where you are wrong,i fail to see any rider in the NL that can make scunny stronger,but you never know either,one rider may just hit the ground running

and if you had heard the crowd last week,which i dont think you would have,then im sure you would agree with taking Danny out,some of the things said were unpleasant and un called for and no-one deserves that

I agree some fans have been disgusting to Danny but thats not why he was dropped he was dropped in an attempt to benifit Scunny.. Id of fancied Rowe to score a point would of definately been closer to Bickley... 1 point would of meant a Scunny win 

3 hours ago, montie said:

thats simply not true  you can fire anyone at at anytime you just cant re declare and have to use NL guests

3 hours ago, montie said:

it isnt an illegal move to fire a rider,you just cant redeclare your 1-7 

35 minutes ago, montie said:

because ,im told[ but not straight from the horses mouth so to speak],that,the SCB threatened a fine for bringing speedway into distripute,so to avoid the fine Danny was put back in

how the hell taking a lad out of the firing line and giving another youngster the chance is doing that ill never know,it was clearly visable last night the lad is really struggling and with several NL riders calling desperate for the a change in the CL i makes it all the more stupid

fair play to Phillips for turning up i guess, so dispite being totally off the pace last night again credit due to him for that

I'm sure Scunny aficionado, Lucifer Sam:P can confirm to you the following paragraph from the 2018 Speedway Regulations:-

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12TH August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

In effect Godfrey was trying to make a change, that was not because of either injury or a rider withholding his services.

If it was the action of the SCB that insisted on the reinstatement of Phillips, do you not accept that part of their remit is to ensure that the current Regulations are adhered to by all promotions, including Scunthorpe?

• Like 3

Advantage Workington going into the 2nd leg, whenever that will be. Have to say I was looking forward to seeing Anders ride, but was shocked to see Danny there when we arrived. Fair play to Danny for turning up. Not the best of meetings for Scunny's very high standard. I believe the weather did alter track conditions which ultimately played into the Comets hands. Would like to say Scunny have the power to go through, but our reserves I have a feeling will let us down, yet again

Hey Guys & Gals. Guess what I have found & who it concerns.

Workington v Scunthorpe 05/08/17

Copied and pasted from the Workington Facebook page:

Late on Thursday night Rob Shuttleworth informed us he was stopping riding in the SGB Championship with immediate effect. He stated that it was unaffordable for him to continue and despite many attempts to contact him to discuss the situation and offer solutions he does not wish to return the calls. Due to the team line up deadline passing we cannot replace Rob in our line up so will be using guest riders for the remainder of the season.

16 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Hey Guys & Gals. Guess what I have found & who it concerns.

Workington v Scunthorpe 05/08/17

Copied and pasted from the Workington Facebook page:

Late on Thursday night Rob Shuttleworth informed us he was stopping riding in the SGB Championship with immediate effect. He stated that it was unaffordable for him to continue and despite many attempts to contact him to discuss the situation and offer solutions he does not wish to return the calls. Due to the team line up deadline passing we cannot replace Rob in our line up so will be using guest riders for the remainder of the season.

So not the same scenario then... Phillips wants to keep riding and was dropped in an attempt to cheat and make Scunny stronger 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cyclone said:

I'm sure Scunny aficionado, Lucifer Sam:P can confirm to you the following paragraph from the 2018 Speedway Regulations:-

16.3.4 No Team changes will be allowed after 12TH August with the effective date being 15th August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

In effect Godfrey was trying to make a change, that was not because of either injury or a rider withholding his services.

If it was the action of the SCB that insisted on the reinstatement of Phillips, do you not accept that part of their remit is to ensure that the current Regulations are adhered to by all promotions, including Scunthorpe?

To be fair it’s nice to see the SCB taking a stance for a change, especially against the BSPA vice chairman 

Its also interesting that nothing official has been released about the matter either, not from Scunthorpe or the SCB.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

So not the same scenario then... Phillips wants to keep riding and was dropped in an attempt to cheat and make Scunny stronger 

True. Not quite the same scenario & Rob was not cheating to make the side stronger as any NL guest will probably have a worse average than Danny. For Danny's sake, no points means no wages. He says he still wants to help Scunthorpe but it is hurting us. He should take it on the chin, look in the mirror & stand down, similar to Shuttleworth & JPB for Sheffield. He cannot with hold his services as he would receive a 28 day ban hampering his riding for Coventry.

Danny, do the right thing & stand down & concentrate on Coventry as they still have a chance of a top 4 position in the NL.

2 hours ago, cyclone said:

from what i hear there was no insistance that Phillips was reinstated

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I agree some fans have been disgusting to Danny but thats not why he was dropped he was dropped in an attempt to benifit Scunny.. Id of fancied Rowe to score a point would of definately been closer to Bickley... 1 point would of meant a Scunny win 

indeed you are right,but with NL guest you never know, nand i know for a fact that the promotion thought is best to take the lad out of the firing line,and to be fair if they thought it would  make scunny stronger tehn it would [and maybe should have been] done weeks ago

i do feel if you had seen the home match against Sheffield last week you would understand where im coming from

seeing his confidence shot to bits and fans on his back if no way to carry on and giving a few NL lads the chance in the next 2 or 3 meetings is no bad thing

as far as im aware Rowe wasnt the only rider lined up,several would have been given the chance which is a good thing

25 minutes ago, montie said:

indeed you are right,but with NL guest you never know, nand i know for a fact that the promotion thought is best to take the lad out of the firing line,and to be fair if they thought it would  make scunny stronger tehn it would [and maybe should have been] done weeks ago

i do feel if you had seen the home match against Sheffield last week you would understand where im coming from

seeing his confidence shot to bits and fans on his back if no way to carry on and giving a few NL lads the chance in the next 2 or 3 meetings is no bad thing

as far as im aware Rowe wasnt the only rider lined up,several would have been given the chance which is a good thing

It doesnt matter how many riders were lined up and if its a good thing to give them experience... dropping Phillips when he doesnt want to be dropped (sacking) isnt allowed at this stage of the season... i dont for 1 second buy that Godfrey is doing this to help Phillips... hes doing because Scunny’s season is fizzing out and he wants to win something.. i did see last week and again it doesnt matter Phillips doesnt want to be released so hes being ‘stood down’ (another word for sacked) that isnt allowed at this time of the year... i feel sorry for Phillps and he should probably remove himself but if i was him id stick two fingers up and Godfrey and just poodle around at the back not even trying 

• Like 1

.... i feel sorry for Phillps and he should probably remove himself but if i was him id stick two fingers up and Godfrey and just poodle around at the back not even trying 

By doing that though he is sticking 2 fingers up to his fellow riders & fans. Probably make himself unemployable in the future.

Guest WTF1
1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

It doesnt matter how many riders were lined up and if its a good thing to give them experience... dropping Phillips when he doesnt want to be dropped (sacking) isnt allowed at this stage of the season... i dont for 1 second buy that Godfrey is doing this to help Phillips... hes doing because Scunny’s season is fizzing out and he wants to win something.. i did see last week and again it doesnt matter Phillips doesnt want to be released so hes being ‘stood down’ (another word for sacked) that isnt allowed at this time of the year... i feel sorry for Phillps and he should probably remove himself but if i was him id stick two fingers up and Godfrey and just poodle around at the back not even trying 

In other words carry on as he has all season and poodle around at the back.