British Speedway Forum
Tosh1218

Scunthorpe v Workington shield semi finals

I would say Phillips scoring is on a par with Bickley, but haven't seen him getting much grief from Workington fans!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I would say Phillips scoring is on a par with Bickley, but haven't seen him getting much grief from Workington fans!

Why would we give the lad grief? He's on a learning curve and the promotion have give him a chance to show what he can do. 

over last few weeks you could see his confidence growing, hence his first win in Comets colours and scoring more than his average at home.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Nathan Stoneman, Tom Brennan or Mark Baseby would be best choices for me!

Also riders like Ben Wilson, Danny Ayres and Tom Perry and maybe even that blue man in my pic Rob Shuttlewor- Oh wait he's "banned"

18 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Also riders like Ben Wilson, Danny Ayres and Tom Perry and maybe even that blue man in my pic Rob Shuttlewor- Oh wait he's "banned"

dont some if those mentioned have pl/championship averages ?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Quite sure none of the three riders you mentioned will be eligible. Perhaps someone can quote the exact rule.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

These on a 2.00 championship average....

11 hours ago, RS50 said:

I believe Ben Wilson had averaged over 7 in 2nd division at some point.

What ever happened to ben Wilson? He looked a decent premier league rider at one point 

13 hours ago, jenga said:

dont some if those mentioned have pl/championship averages ?

I think all 3 have at some time. In one of my previous posts, I said the riders that we could chose from would probably have an average similar to what Danny has got in the NL. All we have done is released a lad, by mutual consent?, that has struggled all year, only having 2 2nds & 7 3rds in 48 races at home on a track that he has ridden on numerous times in the past for the Saints. Even Drew Kemp(what a prospect) came here after having 2 poor scoring, rough track, meetings & notched up 12 paid 14 from  5 rides on our "bowling green" smooth surface.

It seems a logical choice to drop a rider, shot of confidence in the mix with other riders, for a rider that will give it a go. Unfortunately, the throttle works both ways & it seems he shuts off into the 1st bend 1st lap & then tries to race. Having extra practice on his starting was never the issue. These have been comments given to me by friends on the 1st bend as I am further round the track.

To post on his website that we have stopped him getting another CL spot because we have released him after the cut off. He needs to look in the mirror & ask himself who would have signed him.

16 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Nathan Stoneman, Tom Brennan or Mark Baseby would be best choices for me!

Lawlor, Jenkins & Kinsley could be added to that trio. 

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I think all 3 have at some time. In one of my previous posts, I said the riders that we could chose from would probably have an average similar to what Danny has got in the NL. All we have done is released a lad, by mutual consent?, that has struggled all year, only having 2 2nds & 7 3rds in 48 races at home on a track that he has ridden on numerous times in the past for the Saints. Even Drew Kemp(what a prospect) came here after having 2 poor scoring, rough track, meetings & notched up 12 paid 14 from  5 rides on our "bowling green" smooth surface.

It seems a logical choice to drop a rider, shot of confidence in the mix with other riders, for a rider that will give it a go. Unfortunately, the throttle works both ways & it seems he shuts off into the 1st bend 1st lap & then tries to race. Having extra practice on his starting was never the issue. These have been comments given to me by friends on the 1st bend as I am further round the track.

To post on his website that we have stopped him getting another CL spot because we have released him after the cut off. He needs to look in the mirror & ask himself who would have signed him.

Lawlor, Jenkins & Kinsley could be added to that trio. 

I'm sure you are Godfrey in disguise :lol: or he's paying you 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

I'm sure you are Godfrey in disguise :lol: or he's paying you 

at least he pays unlike some eh!!

7 minutes ago, montie said:

at least he pays unlike some eh!!

Yes we don't offer bribes...

Oh, you mean the riders, maybe we could afford to pay if Godfrey allowed us to run Home meetings :t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Yes we don't offer bribes...

Oh, you mean the riders, maybe we could afford to pay if Godfrey allowed us to run Home meetings :t:

strange  i thought the payment problems were reported before the moving of race nights?