British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry v Birmingham & Stoke 9-9-18

Sunday's meeting starts at 1pm and as it's a double header I believe it will cost an extra £5. Team news will follow.

This should be a good days racing especially the first meeting with a playoff place up for grabs.

Its a Birmingham select side for this fixture

BRUMMIES: Danny Ayres, Callum Walker R/R, Jordan Jenkins, Leon Flint, Ben Morley, Josh Embleton, Sheldon Davies, Tom Spencer (Number 8 )

1 hour ago, Brummies_Ste said:

BRUMMIES: Danny Ayres, Callum Walker R/R, Jordan Jenkins, Leon Flint, Ben Morley, Josh Embleton, Sheldon Davies, Tom Spencer (Number 8 )

Such a shame you're missing riders.

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

What's happened to James Shanes?

Riding in Germany I believe.

On 9/5/2018 at 12:41 PM, Brummies_Ste said:

Jenkins is out as well now. R/R for Hume and Nick Laurence in!

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:59 AM, Woz01 said:

Riding in Germany I believe.

Sheffield are also riding so I suspect James Shanes has to ride for them.

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Jenkins is out as well now. R/R for Hume and Nick Laurence in!

Thats if you believe the Coventry press release, Brummies site is saying its Jenkins and R/R for Walker!. I just dont know why we would have R/R for Hume when Walker is out injured and below him in the averages.

Because RR for Walker has never worked. Much better to use RR for Shanes or Hume.

I didn't even notice that Hume is now R/R with Laurence coming in. Looking at the greensheets only Flint, Laurence, Embleton and Davies can take the R/R rides for Hume.

Edited by Woz01

Would make more sense to use rr for walker like they are doing at Mildenhall.Walker hasn't exactly been pulling up trees away from home and especially against Mildenhall I think he'd struggle to score.At least with rr for him it gives Armo (as a guest) the chance to potentially gain 3 points in a race.The only way a guest for Walker is going to work is if you use a decent 3 pointer or Spiller.Using Nick Laurence isn't really going to work imo

6 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Would make more sense to use rr for walker like they are doing at Mildenhall.Walker hasn't exactly been pulling up trees away from home and especially against Mildenhall I think he'd struggle to score.At least with rr for him it gives Armo (as a guest) the chance to potentially gain 3 points in a race.The only way a guest for Walker is going to work is if you use a decent 3 pointer or Spiller.Using Nick Laurence isn't really going to work imo

Spiller has another appointment on Sunday afternoon; at Buxton