British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Playoff Semi Finals 2018

Are these the real dates or have you made them up? It's hard to tell sometimes.

Edited by Grachan

Somerset and KL to win easily over 2 legs. Can't wait for the BV KL meeting on the box though! This season has killed my enthusiasm for the sport massively with gate and go every week at Swindon plus the constant worry over what will happen to us long term as we all know the stadium isn't getting built. But tonight reminded me why I love the sport, even though it didn't go my team's way. Some mad racing from heat 9 onwards and as the poster above me has said, this could well be the best play offs ever.

The best playoffs ever were 2012 and 2017.

• Haha 1

Not just cause Lynn will finish top. But the top team should go to the final. With 2nd and 3rd teams riding over 2 legs to see who gets to the final.No 4th, league to small.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Not just cause Lynn will finish top. But the top team should go to the final. With 2nd and 3rd teams riding over 2 legs to see who gets to the final.No 4th, league to small.

Nobody would want to finish top if that happened. They'd miss out on a big crowd for the semi.

• Like 1

Just now, Grachan said:

Nobody would want to finish top if that happened. They'd miss out on a big crowd for the semi.

I think the league toppers deserve it. The only sport where you win the league, then its between the top 4 of seven. Bit like the Prem. Top 10 in the play offs with the table toppers having the same chance as the 10th placed team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

The best playoffs ever were 2012 and 2017.

The best one ever was 2010. Oh how everyone laughed :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

17/9 Somerset v Poole

24/9 Belle Vue v King’s Lynn

01/10 Poole v Somerset

01/10 King’s Lynn v Belle Vue

Are BT covering all these fixtures?

Somerset should have the second leg at their place. Crowd will be affected at Poole with Bournemouth vs Palace on the same night!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Somerset should have the second leg at their place. Crowd will be affected at Poole with Bournemouth vs Palace on the same night!

That’s a tough one, a professional sport, watched by millions, played on a bowling green of a pitch with a crackling atmosphere or amateur night, run by village idiots on a pot holed track in front of God’s waiting room.

I’ll leave the forum to decide which is the best option...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I agree with this.  Maybe the altermnnative is a one leg semi with the league winner having home advantage over the 4th placed team.   That keeps more teams alive like we saw tonight at BV

1 minute ago, theblueboy said:

That’s a tough one, a professional sport, watched by millions, played on a bowling green of a pitch with a crackling atmosphere or amateur night, run by village idiots on a pot holed track in front of God’s waiting room.

I’ll leave the forum to decide which is the best option...

Poole speedway for me everytime, I wouldn't call matt Ford an idiot, far from it 

• Like 3