British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Playoff Semi Finals 2018

Also likely Covatti will be at reserve with the second leg in October. He scored better than Summers in both Poole meetings.  Garry May is normally one step ahead. 

7 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Also likely Covatti will be at reserve with the second leg in October. He scored better than Summers in both Poole meetings.  Garry May is normally one step ahead. 

Said this already Covatti has beaten Jakobsen and Worrall at Poole in every race and also beaten Kurtz twice. 

Could easily be a bit so secret weapon at Poole in the second leg good astute thinking from May who might soon be mentioned in the same breath as Adams and Rosco as the best managers the league has seen

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anzum said:

How do you work out what the averages will be in October? 

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Said this already Covatti has beaten Jakobsen and Worrall at Poole in every race and also beaten Kurtz twice. 

Could easily be a bit so secret weapon at Poole in the second leg good astute thinking from May who might soon be mentioned in the same breath as Adams and Rosco as the best managers the league has seen

So you think Covatti got three zeros last night on purpose. So May is astute but if Poole had done it you would have said they were cheats. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you think Covatti got three zeros last night on purpose. So May is astute but if Poole had done it you would have said they were cheats. 

True, and that is why he is classed as an anti.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

True, and that is why he is classed as an anti.

Lol seriously.

Poole fans say they didn’t try at Lynn but that’s ok then lol.

Covatti has been poor everywhere of late including for Ipswich and in the riders championship so even if he is at reserve then he still needs to find some form. 

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

How do you work out what the averages will be in October? 

On the BSPA website the rolling averages show Covatti below Summers. I don't think the playoff matches count towards the averages nor the cup matches. If I am correct then they shouldn't change and he will be below Summers. I left a get out clause by saying likely in case the semi scores do count towards the averages.

Somerset look like slight favourites to me with Belle Vue slight outsiders and Lynn and Poole in the middle. Whoever wins the Somerset/Poole semi will probably go on and win it I would say but it’s very open on paper.

If we are slight outsiders we must have been overwhelming favourites before Bewley was injured.

It will be a remarkable performance if we win and I obviously hope we do. If we don't ,I think it will be a King's Lynn, Somerset final and that King's Lynn will win it. That would be brilliant for their fans who have waited so long.

• Like 1

Belle Vue have more than covered for Bewley so far.

38 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

If we are slight outsiders we must have been overwhelming favourites before Bewley was injured.

It will be a remarkable performance if we win and I obviously hope we do. If we don't ,I think it will be a King's Lynn, Somerset final and that King's Lynn will win it. That would be brilliant for their fans who have waited so long.

I do think Aces that there are two negatives with Dan missing 1./ Dan is a massive part of there success. 2.R/R is hard on man/ machinery .But i think Belle Vue will reach the final Worrall,Cook, Berge all looked quick at Swindon last night and for me Worrall is getting back to his level.The biggest thing for me is Iversen for King's Lynn if he does not fire Belle Vue will be to strong over two legs.

2 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I do think Aces that there are two negatives with Dan missing 1./ Dan is a massive part of there success. 2.R/R is hard on man/ machinery .But i think Belle Vue will reach the final Worrall,Cook, Berge all looked quick at Swindon last night and for me Worrall is getting back to his level.The biggest thing for me is Iversen for King's Lynn if he does not fire Belle Vue will be to strong over two legs.

Most riders look quick against your reserves!!

I think Kings Lynn will keep it close at Belle Vue and beat them easily at Kings Lynn. Bewley is a massive miss for them, they may have covered well for him in the last couple of matches but against table topping Kings Lynn they haven't a prayer.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Most riders look quick against your reserves!!

I think Kings Lynn will keep it close at Belle Vue and beat them easily at Kings Lynn. Bewley is a massive miss for them, they may have covered well for him in the last couple of matches but against table topping Kings Lynn they haven't a prayer.

Berge is an inigma granted but he is mighty quick on his day as good as any reserve Poole have.

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Berge is an inigma granted but he is mighty quick on his day as good as any reserve Poole have.

I doubt we will have to ride against him in the play offs. Anyway  wasn't so good at Belle Vue  on Wednesday and only has a 5 point average in the Championship so he can't be riding very fast for Redcar.