British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Another know it all who actually knows sweet FA :approve:

LOL what part is wrong? The season starts on the 1st of March and the cut off is the 16th of September, that is OVER 6 and a half months, you have 10 home meetings to run in that time... You can comfortably do 10 home meetings in 3 months if you wasn’t stopping for all GP’s and World Cup’s and everything.

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Was you there at Armadale? Made the gate 3 out of 3 and could of been 5-13 to be quite honest with you, with it only going to heat 10 due to the rain we would of put Pijper and NBJ in as many races as possible in the first 10 heats to get as many points as we could early on and so yes I do believe we would of been winning at heat 10 where the meeting would of stopped due to the rain.

No chance of either of them two riders missing the gate  , having engine failures or falling then , might point is you just don't know what could of happened, but you've made your mind up as you know best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

And I dont agree with any of them, Berwick were indeed winning at the time the meeting was abandoned, that`s a million miles away from a guaranteed win. Where I do agree though is why the meeting was in this position in the first place. We`ve just about had the warmest, driest summers ever so just how any club cant get their meetings run by the cut off date is beyond me. Getting an easy to follow, coherent fixture list that actually means something has to be a must for next season.

The Berwick fixture has had 3 dates all within the cut off date and all rained off in genuine circumstances

What more could be done?

Last nights date was a reserved date within the cut off ready for any what wouldve been unexpected rain offs in August

Having 3 rainy Thursday in the last 5 weeks was impossible to predict or plan for

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Was you there at Armadale? Made the gate 3 out of 3 and could of been 5-13 to be quite honest with you, with it only going to heat 10 due to the rain we would of put Pijper and NBJ in as many races as possible in the first 10 heats to get as many points as we could early on and so yes I do believe we would of been winning at heat 10 where the meeting would of stopped due to the rain.

There you go again could have , would have :rolleyes: as I said you know sweet FA !!  As for your other reply to my post, LOL , we were missing Dan quite a few meetings to his GB duties and World U21 so try again with that one .  The 3 meetings we struggled to get in were the 3 that were agreed at the start of the season until a certain team needed guests on a Friday so pulled the plug on other teams running on Fridays , backing up my opinion on what you know :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Time delay with Pjiper and NBJ in every heat probably would have not got to Ht 10.heard that a Berwick rider was moaning that the meeting should never have started due to state of track.

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Time delay with Pjiper and NBJ in every heat probably would have not got to Ht 10.heard that a Berwick rider was moaning that the meeting should never have started due to state of track.

All the more reason to applaud the 2 teams for giving it a good go. Sadly not all teams are as accomodating when conditions were 100% better:rolleyes:

Re - arranged (obviously weather permitting) Saturday 15th September. 

Looks much better for Saturday, hoping the Bandits continue where they left off last Thursday

ippo (2).jpg

On 7 September 2018 at 4:57 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Who told you it was only going to Heat 10 .?

51 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who told you it was only going to Heat 10 .?

The rain that was falling whispered it in my ear as the monarchs moaned, pretty obvious it wasn’t going to get to heat 15 when it started raining 5 mins before heat 1.

4 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

The rain that was falling whispered it in my ear as the monarchs moaned, pretty obvious it wasn’t going to get to heat 15 when it started raining 5 mins before heat 1.

There was some Berwick riders moaning too.Still we should stuff them this week if your predictions were right:D:D:t:

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Looks much better for Saturday, hoping the Bandits continue where they left off last Thursday

ippo (2).jpg

Im calling the big chief for some rain :P:lol:;)

10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There was some Berwick riders moaning too.Still we should stuff them this week if your predictions were right:D:D:t:

1 I never said it was monarchs riders moaning... it was the fans I was on about...

2 I said I believed we would of won in 10 heats in the rain on that night, so no... we won’t win, we missed the chance we had imo.

Stop twisting my words sir. Anyways this is Ipswich v Berwick, good to see Ippo put the meeting on, both of us are probably going to miss out on the play offs but at least the meeting is on and credit to Ipswich for continuing to try and get the meeting on despite the many rain offs.