British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Read this week's Speedway Star.  Danny no longer wants to ride for Scunthorpe - so it's the same as Riss at Ipswich.  Despite that, Scunthorpe are still not allowed to use NL guests for him. 

Either guests are not allowed for Riss, or Scunthorpe are allowed NL guests for Danny.  A little consistency is needed here from the SCB.

If he is now genuinely not wanting ride then that facility should now be avaialble for Danny at Scunny

Of course that would mean a ban for him and season over at NL level as well - cant see him wanting that

Of course it could be that the SCB now dont believe it to be a genuine request even if he is saying it and are therefore refusing to reverse the decision from the first attempt to drop him - like Peter and the wolf

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

So it seems Ipswich have probably ASKED Riss to step down pointing out that he is hurting both his clubs by not scoring at present due to knocks & lack of confidence. This is classed as withholding his services which enables both teams to have a facility thus strengthening up at a vital time of the season. As Danny wants to ride for Scunthorpe we could not bring in untried 2 pointers that MIGHT have scored a few points whereas Ipswich & Belle Vue can bring in riders that are on low averages but hitting a bit of form that SHOULD strengthen them.

What you moaning for , Danny will only have to endure riding for Scunny one more meeting next Saturday at Worky when we knock you out the championship shield as well :lol: 

5 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

But why would they ask him to step down now after the Witches season is all but over.... surely they should have done that a week ago?

As 2 clubs are involved, both can strengthen using guests whether it be for 1 meeting or 6, rules should be applied consistently.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

What you moaning for , Danny will only have to endure riding for Scunny one more meeting next Saturday at Worky when we knock you out the championship shield as well :lol: 

Again, your post is of a narrow minded individual who does not see the big picture & the facts. We are also in the KOC S/F so 2 more fixtures at the least. Next Saturday is not a forgone conclusion but enjoy a :drink:or 2 for being in the play offs.

11 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

As 2 clubs are involved, both can strengthen using guests whether it be for 1 meeting or 6, rules should be applied consistently.

Which is exactly what is happening

I will look to post the heat results in the updates thread (not texting direct)

Hopefully can construct the main scorechart from that

Done first 3 heats on there but they now have texter so will leave them to do it from here

• Like 1

Just asked my mate to check the time for heat 3.... he said he would ask the person next to him... but still havent got back to me. :P

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Just asked my mate to check the time for heat 3.... he said he would ask the person next to him... but still havent got back to me. :P

have you tried outside in the car park (tic)

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Come on Ipswich, one race to go, do the decent thing.;)

I would love to have seen Berwick in the play-offs, but Lakeside are already safe, even if Bandits win the last race tonight.