'Running scared'

'Shafted again'

'Only one winner'

'Panic had set in'

More comedy than Sunday night at the London Palladium 

More comedy than the Palladium not hard to do hahaha

• Like 1

For me it wasnt a miserable hour in the rain

To see the control and track craft from Drew in heat 4 to retain 3rd when boxed in and under severe pressure was worth whatever admission money I dont get back and ending up soaked through

In any circumstances that wouldve been a fantastic effort but in tonights conditions it was remarkable and a truly sublime piece of riding

• Like 3

Can understand the frustration of the Berwick fans after the blank weeks during a heatwave.

Not a lot you can do about the weather now though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well Dick Barrie said otherwise:party:

Well he would wouldn't he, amazing  how Berwick fans, can say they have been robbed of an away result when they are only leading by 4 points after 6 races , in one race the scores could have been level, your own rider won heat 6  3 seconds slower than the previous race which tells me the track was rideable  but not raceable , so what do Berwick fans want , a win at any cost with possible injuries to riders . I know I would prefer to see good racing rather than riders risking life and limbs just to please a few disgruntled fans.

• Like 2

Nobody wants to see riders injured. What is annoying is there are a lot less fixtures than last season, the weather has been amazing and teams are still behind when it comes to completion.

• Like 4

All the riders should be applauded for giving it a go

There was no way it could continue

Very frustrating

Double header next week??

Imo Meeting should have never started with the forecast what it was but both teams needed the points so was always going to be started.  Constant rain from the 1st heat ( which the 2 mins came on at 19.39) conditions very much like that rain infested Hackney GP. 

The least experienced rider tonight looked far from it with sublime throttle control and track craft. Putting the bike where he wanted it to go and never just going along for the ride with a switch for a throttle unlike some of the current crop of riders...

• Like 1

I appreciate the risk of injury but was anyone injured/did it look dangerous? The deadline is in 10 days and it’s just so frustrating, we completed our 10 meetings so easily and could have got another 7 or 8 in as well before the deadline, there is literally no excuses for this situation apart from Workington and to a lesser extent Lakeside. Away team should be given the points at the end of the season unless the away team have actively tried to stop the meeting from going ahead.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

Nobody wants to see riders injured. What is annoying is there are a lot less fixtures than last season, the weather has been amazing and teams are still behind when it comes to completion.

Ipswich werent behind but have been hit with 3 wet Thursdays in the last 5 weeks - something you would not expect during August/early September in any year let alone one as hot and dry as this

• Like 1

Congratulations to ALL the riders for at least giving it a go. Correct decision to call it off. I imagine it was a visability rather than the wet track. 

I switched off my window wipers for about ten secs on the way home to demonstrate to my passengers how bad the visability would be for the riders. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Shock is this Ipswich running scared again

58 minutes ago, Gazc said:

3 pointer for Berwick would really have put them in the mix , looked like they were on there way to achieving at least that unfortunate the weather intervened.

Christ Berwick  were only 4 points up at heat 7 ... could understand your frustration had it been around 12-13 heats ..anything could have happened:rolleyes: 

Sense should prevail , but won’t , like I’ve said on another thread , cut-off date should be extended until all teams have completed their fixtures to get a fair and true result of the finishing league positions ..

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Congratulations to ALL the riders for at least giving it a go. Correct decision to call it off. I imagine it was a visability rather than the wet track. 

I switched off my window wipers for about ten secs on the way home to demonstrate to my passengers how bad the visability would be for the riders.