British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Heat 6

IMG_20180906_221119.jpg

3 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Heat 6

IMG_20180906_221119.jpg

Congratulations to both sets of riders for giving it a go , does anybody want more proof , correct decision.

• Like 2

Isn't this lack of completing fixtures also down to an ever decreasing pool of available riders. Surely if this carries on in years to come then teams will struggle to field 5 or 6 riders let alone 7 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Christ Berwick  were only 4 points up at heat 7 ... could understand your frustration had it been around 12-13 heats ..anything could have happened:rolleyes: 

Sense should prevail , but won’t , like I’ve said on another thread , cut-off date should be extended until all teams have completed their fixtures to get a fair and true result of the finishing league positions ..

Rich coming from a Workington fan who hasn’t stopped moaning since May, the cut off has been extended once already, why should it be extended again?! It doesn’t work like that in any other sport. You have 6 and a half months to complete 10 home fixtures it’s not exactly difficult... You could run 20... I know the BSPA cancelled a couple of your fixtures but that isn’t really that much of an excuse you’re still behind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Rich coming from a Workington fan who hasn’t stopped moaning since May, the cut off has been extended once already, why should it be extended again?! It doesn’t work like that in any other sport. You have 6 and a half months to complete 10 home fixtures it’s not exactly difficult... You could run 20... I know the BSPA cancelled a couple of your fixtures but that isn’t really that much of an excuse you’re still behind.

all the people in workington are rich , didnt you know .

BTW . i know what COMmEnTS coming next !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

All safety helmets to the ready !!;)

Seems to be a bit of confusion regarding the refund policy. The T's & C's on the website states Should it be necessary to abandon the main Meeting before the 8th Heat, re-admission tickets valid for the re-staging of today’s fixture or any Meeting (excluding a BSPA Shared Event) at this Track within 1 (one) month will be issued to all persons who have paid for admission. No mention of a reduced admission price.

But under the report of the meeting it says In accordance with the British Speedway Policy, a £6 discount will be available upon showing your ticket from the Berwick meeting at one of the remaining meetings at Foxhall this season. In the case of abandonment before heat 10, £1 is taken off the re-admission price for every heat that was run at the original staging. In this case, six heats were raced and therefore there is a £6 discount on re-admission with this ticket. Adult tickets will be £10 and Concessions will be £7.

So, if we'd have raced 9 heats we'd have got £9 off the next meeting(s) or £2 off if 2 heats had been completed. Should it not be £1 is taken off the re-admission price for every heat that was NOT run at the original staging, making Adult £7 and Concession £4 or am I missing something here?

Can anyone clarify?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Christ Berwick  were only 4 points up at heat 7 ... could understand your frustration had it been around 12-13 heats ..anything could have happened:rolleyes: 

Sense should prevail , but won’t , like I’ve said on another thread , cut-off date should be extended until all teams have completed their fixtures to get a fair and true result of the finishing league positions ..

Surely if Berwick and Sheffield managed to get their home fixtures done and dusted before the original cut off date other clubs should have been able to do likewise.One of the driest summers for years its a good job it was only 1home meeting per team or some teams would be racing to Xmas.

Cos if it's the way in the report...then would be 16 quid then 10 quid...so 26 pound...that doesn't seem right.   Must be 9 pound off surely.

Easy option...get a full refund...then pay 16 next time. 

What you would expect though..is a professional sports team to know their refund policy?????? Or is that too much to ask?

Edited by Baldyman

On the website the full and correct policy is shown unders the tickets section

Refund due is actually only £4 under that (£1 for each heat not completed but only upto heat 10 where a result would be declared)

31 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Surely if Berwick and Sheffield managed to get their home fixtures done and dusted before the original cut off date other clubs should have been able to do likewise.One of the driest summers for years its a good job it was only 1 home meeting per team or some teams would be racing to Xmas.

Honestly

Your not wrong, however cooperation, or lack of it between promotions  is one of the main factors here as to why we are at the cramming stage of the season, most accept and understand rain offs its part of the game, but you can drive a bus through the rule book and although most of the "Rules" or guidelines are made in good faith there are always promoters who want to bend them to the nth degree to suit their own situation or ignore them totally and run the gauntlet; and who knows they might get away with it.

I think this used to be called cheating in the old days but it goes on all the time and no matter how much moaning is done it falls on deaf ears, when its gone they might listen then? Oh to late then I suppose, never mind we had a good run.

Its just not the British way to do things really is it, fair play and sportsmanship and the likes, Eh! okay call me an old romantic.

Regards
THJ

So why would anyone bother going when threat of rain? That's an even worse refund policy. So it's normally 1.07 a heat, but if you are silly enough to go when it's a threat of rain and called off...you then get the pleasure of paying 1.33 per heat.  Wow. That's why I stayed home

Edited by Baldyman

11 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Another know it all who actually knows sweet FA :approve:

• Like 1