British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Lakeside SGB Championship 7th September, 2018, 7.30pm

1 hour ago, snapper said:

Yeh mate tell that to Joel and Victor 

Bigger picture though they are just collateral damage in there quest to succeed at any cost.

1 hour ago, JanAnderson said:

Injuries to riders is just a small price to pay for Championship domination. 

I am hoping you are kidding here ,  two riders injured but championship domination is a small price to pay.

Tongue in cheek or not that is a poor statement to make ,  a rider getting injured is one too many never mind two , what a stupid thing to say.

Edited by Gazc

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I am hoping you are kidding here ,  two riders injured but championship domination is a small price to pay.

Tongue or cheek or not that is a poor statement to make a rider getting injured is one too many never mind two , what a stupid thing to say.

Of course it’s tongue in cheek. Ffs, people are so bloody precious (not specifically directed at you Gaz).

The Edinburgh promotion set up a track to win a speedway meeting (their job btw) and slightly over-cooked it. I’m sure they’ve learnt from it. Talk of “this is what is ruining speedway” and “opposition riders might think twice about visiting in the play-offs” is hyperbolic pish. 

Let the haters continue to hate. I’m sure the promotion won’t lose any sleep over a few on here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Of course it’s tongue in cheek. Ffs, people are so bloody precious (not specifically directed at you Gaz).

The Edinburgh promotion set up a track to win a speedway meeting (their job btw) and slightly over-cooked it. I’m sure they’ve learnt from it. Talk of “this is what is ruining speedway” and “opposition riders might think twice about visiting in the play-offs” is hyperbolic pish. 

Fair enough I was surprised but suspected you were at the wind up but you will see how it will come across to people.

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Let the haters continue to hate. I’m sure the promotion won’t lose any sleep over a few on here.

Now now Blobby I don't hate you couldn't really give a toss to be fair but you really do yourselves no favours at times in how thing's are done and leave it wide open for this type of criticism.

Win at all cost's is fine but not to the detriment of the fans and rider safety.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Maybe not, but I'm sure they will if they run out of fit riders and supporters who want to be entertained.

From Monarchs web site 8 September 2018 'Due to a cancellation we now have excellent availability in VIP Hospitality for our match with Berwick on Friday.'

Just saying ……………. :shock: 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

nice to see will lawson beating the visiting  reserves a few time to gain his high score  . more to come from the old guy !

He was the younger of the Lawsons who were riding last night......   Of course there's more to come! 

Genuine 2 Q's for those aspiring expert (home and away) posters on track preparation.

Q1. What exactly is a "grippy track" and how do you prepare one to apparently thwart the opposition?

Q2. Does one require a "flatter" tuned engine to get around without the bike pulling towards the boards or lower gearing? (I'll leave ignition timing and carburretor jet sizing aside for the moment).

I know what a slick track is I.e . Down to the base, first from the gate etc. I once witnessed Brett Saunders scraping the old Powdehall track down to the bare boards I.e base + cracks exposed - Les Collins hated it!

All a bit OTT isnt it.  Jumping on the slam Edinburgh bandwagon.  Cause every other team can do no wrong and will do no wrong.  

2 weeks this thread will be resigned to page 2 and only the obsessed will still be going on about it.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

All a bit OTT isnt it.  Jumping on the slam Edinburgh bandwagon.  Cause every other team can do no wrong and will do no wrong.  

2 weeks this thread will be resigned to page 2 and only the obsessed will still be going on about it.  

Congratulations for joining in and taking part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

At least you got the bit in bold right B).

• Haha 2