British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Lakeside SGB Championship 7th September, 2018, 7.30pm

How many tracks do provide consistent “racing” Check the Speedway updates , how many FTGs are there in nearly every match. Apart from Belle Vue there are many gate and go races on the updates. Track was overly grippy first few races on Friday but Richard Lawson only dropped a point in his last 3 rides. I would like to see a statement from Edinburgh telling us what the team is for Tuesday (weather permitting) and how our Swedish boys are.

4 hours ago, 60spusher said:

You’ve got to admire the number of opinions from the Weegie track police to an Edinburgh v Lakeside thread. All made from 25 miles distant and 20/20 vision.

I live in Paisley , geography not your strong point I am guessing

But don't need 20/20 vision when some of your own are on here slating the track so is there opinion not valid either , anyway we didn't need to see it plenty on here telling us how p*ss poor it was.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheScotsman said:

Track looks great from where I'm sitting.

You might not believe this, ok you will, the Armadale track always looks terrible from where I'm standing. B) 

Although usually you don't actually see the track at Armadale, only the fence and the helmets moving.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, gmuncie said:

I normally avoid posting on this forum these days due to the incessant nonsense that is posted continuously by some and this thread is no different to that ( nice to see Ian and George now they have been replaced as main photographers in the West by the excellent young Taylor chipping in having not been in attendance) 

However a few things to clear up from last night 

1- yes the track was prepared with too much grip on it at the start of the meeting that can not be denied however this was not intentional but a misreading of the conditions

2 these conditions were not directly involved in the cause of the monarchs injuries, I will concede that they were the indirect cause of Joel’s as he slid off due to the difficulty in turning in heat 2 but it was the fact he got hit by Zach W that caused his injury (zero fault of Zach’s btw), victor’s fall he gated level with the two hammers tried to throttle off to move inside then realised he was to far into the corner throttled back on and the bike took off on him causing him to bail out.

3 if the track was so bad and no one was attacking it then why was there a sub 55 second time and multiple sub 56 second times all within 2.5 seconds or so of the track record 

4 the delay caused by Joel’s injury allowed track grading to be done and from there on in the track was perfectly rideable and the riders that attacked it got their rewards.Including Lakeside riders, haven spoken to 5 of the riders involved in the meeting last night (2 Edinburgh and 3 Lakeside) they all said the same, the track was difficult to start with but was more than raceable a season the meeting progressed.

5 At no point did Erik say the track was ‘very dangerous’ he said it was to grippy to start with which was dangerous as mentioned above this was alleviated by the re-run of heat 2 though 

I’m not saying last night was a good meeting as it was pretty poor all told but this was not down exclusively to the track conditions.

it takes 2 teams to make a good meeting and increasingly over the last few weeks awaybteams appear to be defeated by their attitude before a wheel is turned. 

It strikes me it’s never the monarchs that come away from a meeting home or away complaining win lose or draw we have guys that go everywhere and get on with it, other teams could do with a bit of the same not to mention the fact that the makeup of our team since the introduction of Richie and Victor we basically have a top 5 who are all heatleader calibre at the Dale that is why we are turning teams over. 

I see Taylor is a bit of a protege learning from my experience and skills so it is good to see his work being acknowledged a bit like Derek sees your self Graham as your interview skills have improved over the season, apart from the railway station interviews LOL

"I see Taylor is a bit of a protege learning from my experience and skills so it is good to see his work being acknowledged "

LOL :rofl:

26 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

"I see Taylor is a bit of a protege learning from my experience and skills so it is good to see his work being acknowledged "

LOL :rofl:

Afaik don't think snapper is referring to Taylorj

6 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Afaik don't think snapper is referring to Taylorj

Spoilsport!!

Though Taylorj was the only Taylor to post on this thread.

6 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Spoilsport!!

Though Taylorj was the only Taylor to post on this thread.

Sorry I wasn't following the bleedin script :D 

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I live in Paisley , geography not your strong point I am guessing

But don't need 20/20 vision when some of your own are on here slating the track so is there opinion not valid either , anyway we didn't need to see it plenty on here telling us how p*ss poor it was.

Paisley is Glasgow

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Paisley is Glasgow

Not by postcode one is G the other is PA

Edited by snapper

6 hours ago, Taylorj said:

The sooner the Bull Dozers come in , flatten it and build houses on it the better ...preparing a dangerous track , losing two of their own riders in doing so, and paying £18 to watch it ! 

The sooner you realise how much a numpty you are the better. Enjoy those grapes.

18 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Anything west of Harthill is Glasgow.

Anything west of Harthill is called civilisation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Paisley is a City in its own right.:rolleyes:

It is also an open air asylum being a local and speaking for the local tourist board. :D

• Haha 2