British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

I would think that last night's heat 13 in the best I have ever seen in Speedway

That has to be a joke comment from a Stoke fan, our tracks better than yours

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

Shame their track is pants and needs improvement.

that's an interesting comment, that our track is still viewed as "pants and needs improvement" out there.

I can hand on heart say that I (we) would like a perfect track (even though our riders currently complain because its now really smooth).  We have used the motorway plane, that we found in undergrowth, had serviced and is now fully operational, on several occassions this year and the track is now really quite smooth. We made further improvement to the banking to bends 1 and 2 over the year. You may of course be refering to the terrible shale that we put down at the start of the season which we had to take off and we are now using a better quality shale. I guess you can also judge the improvement by the average times this year which have been reduced by over a second and the racing quoted as some of the best ever at the Stadium.

We of course continue to put our heart, soul and all that we are into making the Warriors the best night out in speedway and continue track improvement (such as replacing the whole back straight fending last off season) will continue to take place this off season.

Hope to see you at the track sometime in 2019 and if you let me know who you are, I will gladly do a track walk with you, show you the improvements we have made, our vision for tomorrow and welcome any thoughts you may have.

All the best

Barry

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very diplomatic Barry, not sure the comment deserved it but credit to you. I have visited you a couple of times, once was rained off and then again last year for my wife's first ever meeting. Going to make the effort to come next year. How much is the ferry if I just come over for the meeting and back the same night. It was quite a bit last year but I was over for the week

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

that's an interesting comment, that our track is still viewed as "pants and needs improvement" out there.

I can hand on heart say that I (we) would like a perfect track (even though our riders currently complain because its now really smooth).  We have used the motorway plane, that we found in undergrowth, had serviced and is now fully operational, on several occassions this year and the track is now really quite smooth. We made further improvement to the banking to bends 1 and 2 over the year. You may of course be refering to the terrible shale that we put down at the start of the season which we had to take off and we are now using a better quality shale. I guess you can also judge the improvement by the average times this year which have been reduced by over a second and the racing quoted as some of the best ever at the Stadium.

We of course continue to put our heart, soul and all that we are into making the Warriors the best night out in speedway and continue track improvement (such as replacing the whole back straight fending last off season) will continue to take place this off season.

Hope to see you at the track sometime in 2019 and if you let me know who you are, I will gladly do a track walk with you, show you the improvements we have made, our vision for tomorrow and welcome any thoughts you may have.

All the best

Barry

If only speedway had a few more" Barry Bishops", a promoter who understands the requirements of operating a business in the 21st century and the importance of keeping the fans onside.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, bruno said:

Very diplomatic Barry, not sure the comment deserved it but credit to you. I have visited you a couple of times, once was rained off and then again last year for my wife's first ever meeting. Going to make the effort to come next year. How much is the ferry if I just come over for the meeting and back the same night. It was quite a bit last year but I was over for the week

Hey.... we offer a 20% discount via our website so depending on how in advance you know you are travelling the cost fluctuates. Early is obviously better but wrtie to me speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and I can point you in the right direction.

All the best

Barry

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bruno said:

That has to be a joke comment from a Stoke fan, our tracks better than yours

Did you actually read what I wrote?  Did I say that Stoke was better? 
If your local track is poor does that prevent you from having an objective opinion about other tracks, and the problems of the sport in general?  

16 hours ago, barrybishop said:

All the best

Barry

First of all Barry, can I commend you on your response to my somewhat flippant remark. 
You appear to have an excellent attitude to the (potentially) paying customer which is something that is all too rare in this sport of ours.

Well done on getting the blade back in operation and sorting out the problem of the poor shale, these were not the issues I was referring to though. 
In my opinion the problems with the track are down to shape, banking and width.  I would usually add in material and preparation but, as a promotion with foresight, you appear to be already on top of this.  The overall size at 385m is very good so it would be a shame if you significantly shortened the track during any changes you plan to make.

The best track in the country is, undoubtedly, Belle Vue.  My thoughts for the IoW are simple, make your track like B.V., you are already in the fortunate position of having a large track and also appearing to have space around the circuit to add width to the straights and bends.  I would urge you to do exactly that.

Of course it may not be possible to do that all in one go but with careful planning the changes could be introduced over a period of time.

Every speedway promotion should know that their track is their biggest asset!  Invest in it!!!

I wish you the best of luck with your efforts and I will certainly attend the speedway next time I am down on the island. 
My visit will be all the more pleasing if i turn up and see a track similar to Belle Vue!  :t:;)

Edited by Stoke Potter

Yes... But last night's great 13 may be even better!

12 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It was in a different way !!!

Agreed, as a stand alone race I think it was better, but when you add in what was riding on the 2 races, play off place or KOC Final appearance, maybe the first was better. Just goes to show there are many ingredient that go to make a fantastic race. All I know is I'm privileged to be able to go to the NSS every week at the moment

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Agreed, as a stand alone race I think it was better, but when you add in what was riding on the 2 races, play off place or KOC Final appearance, maybe the first was better. Just goes to show there are many ingredient that go to make a fantastic race. All I know is I'm privileged to be able to go to the NSS every week at the moment

What i liked was Craig was forceful on Doyley ( fair) no crying from Jason though i think it is great when Craig works the inside.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

What i liked was Craig was forceful on Doyley ( fair) no crying from Jason though i think it is great when Craig works the inside.

Doyley was giving it out in this match too, he forced Berge out on the first turn I one race and effectively ended his race

That track has so many lines Doyle just did not know who to fend off he was hustled out of it.I went to Hyde rd quite alot and i loved it there a brilliant track  this track MIGHT be better.????