British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

I would think that last night's heat 13 in the best I have ever seen in Speedway

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Maybe Sidney, Maybe

Collins/Mort around hyde rd sublime and the great Ivan before them Briggo had alot of success against Ivan at Hyde Rd though Ove.!!!

Very difficult to defend a lead on this track as the opposition can take that many different lines,Superb racing.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, barrybishop said:

Hey.... we offer a 20% discount via our website so depending on how in advance you know you are travelling the cost fluctuates. Early is obviously better but wrtie to me speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and I can point you in the right direction.

All the best

Barry

Hi Barry was going to come over for the Birmingham match but the last train home was 9.30 so didnt bother.What ferry is best for me Portsmouth or Southampton ? i live in Swindon.Anyway good luck in the future you and your staff are doing a great job keep up the great work. By  the way all the IOW dvd footage on you tube is brilliant as well superb.

Edited by Sidney the robin

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

That track has so many lines Doyle just did not know who to fend off he was hustled out of it.I went to Hyde rd quite alot and i loved it there a brilliant track  this track MIGHT be better.????

IS better

On 9/21/2018 at 10:55 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Hi Barry was going to come over for the Birmingham match but the last train home was 9.30 so didnt bother.What ferry is best for me Portsmouth or Southampton ? i live in Swindon.Anyway good luck in the future you and your staff are doing a great job keep up the great work. By  the way all the IOW dvd footage on you tube is brilliant as well superb.

Hi,

Either ferry is OK... but I would suggest Portsmouth in my view. One reason for this is the majority of fans, riders, and promoters take the 2300 back over which is a opportunity to chat about the night and speedway in general. If you are by train and the last one is 9.30 this maybe a challenge for you. When you would like to travel let me know and I can put on to our FB page as we have some who come over from the area by car and there may be a space.

Many thanks and thank you for the nice feedback about the DVD footage. In my view Andy Hague and Speedwayportal really are doing a super job in this field.

Barry

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, barrybishop said:

Hi,

Either ferry is OK... but I would suggest Portsmouth in my view. One reason for this is the majority of fans, riders, and promoters take the 2300 back over which is a opportunity to chat about the night and speedway in general. If you are by train and the last one is 9.30 this maybe a challenge for you. When you would like to travel let me know and I can put on to our FB page as we have some who come over from the area by car and there may be a space.

Many thanks and thank you for the nice feedback about the DVD footage. In my view Andy Hague and Speedwayportal really are doing a super job in this field.

Barry

Thanks alot Barry great stuff will make it over next year hopefully will stay overnight.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Thanks alot Barry great stuff will make it over next year hopefully will stay overnight.

when you do come and grab me....always in yellow and blue and we can have a chat on the centre green  :) All the best

What a cracking reply ,again . I'm sure Sid can't wait to get over for a meeting now. I honestly don't think there's even one other promoter who would have replied like that. Thumbs up again Barry. Not sure when I'l get over again but I'l certainly find you out just to shake your hand

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bruno said:

What a cracking reply ,again . I'm sure Sid can't wait to get over for a meeting now. I honestly don't think there's even one other promoter who would have replied like that. Thumbs up again Barry. Not sure when I'l get over again but I'l certainly find you out just to shake your hand

That will be great and I look forward to it. However, I am always happy to get amoungst it anywhere, so if you are at a meeting when I am there... always say hi :)

all the best

Barry

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 12:59 PM, Stoke Potter said:

Shame their track is pants and needs improvement.

How embarrassing to have a Stoke fan criticise another track... pot kettle etc

I would go to IOW whereas Stoke is banned from any visit from me until the present promoters sell up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

How embarrassing to have a Stoke fan criticise another track... pot kettle etc

I would go to IOW whereas Stoke is banned from any visit from me until the present promoters sell up.

You're a bit late with that, at least one other person said the same.  You obviously missed the response.

I look at tracks, and the sport, objectively.  Do you?

You won't find me defending Stoke as a track but there are a plenty of others not much better.

The IoW could be so much better, they have the space for a proper sized track.  Time will tell as to whether the present promoters realise the true potential of their facility.

As my response to them on here went unanswered, I suspect any track "improvements" they will make will turn out to be sub-optimal in terms of what could actually be achieved.