British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Why did you write that then ?

Cos he's trying to tell people what to talk about on a thread.

17 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Somerset track only comming good now, tactic ? Yep as ALL thier riders like the fast outside to inside  lines,expect a big score to come from reserves again which makes it easier on the top order. This will be a close match as certain Poole riders love this too,who ever limits the last places will win this ,Somerset in box seat ,as long as covatti has sorted his game,pressure is on Poole for sure

Nope, we have nothing to lose. Somerset favs for title..

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Cos he's trying to tell people what to talk about on a thread.

People can make there own minds up surely..:) Besides, i dont see any BV Kings Lynn thread been started . Proves who are the most popular sides..;)

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

How many including KO Cups Craven sheilds and  pairs.? Hmm.

And how many DIFFERENT clubs as he been successful with

8 minutes ago, sommelier said:

And how many DIFFERENT clubs as he been successful with

We are talking about one club.. Get counting :party::t:

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No I was there to witness the track at first hand in the B fixture. It was televised so anyone watching on BT saw what the track was like. Leave the curb and go backwards. They also did it against Kings Lynn. Nicolai posted on twitter asking what the hell have Somerset done to their great race track?

They didn’t do it against King’s Lynn. There was passing on the inside and outside. Wilson-Dean went around the outside of Klindt in heat 6. Lambert passed Lawson and Howarth (both outside passes) in heat 5. Doyley also passed riders around the outside later in the meeting, to state a few. Perhaps Klindt is making excuses to cover for his poor performance?

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

It does get very tedious i must admit, that much hate can't be good for someone's health. I'm hoping Poole can pull it off this year, the changes show intent and desire in my book ...

The changes show the chosen team was no good and needed so many changes

10 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

The changes show the chosen team was no good and needed so many changes

Unfair. The chosen team never rode a meeting. It was patched up from the start of the season. Kurtz was never meant to be number one.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If we lose against Somerset, he will post we have choked. If we win, it will be because of some luck, poor ref decision or a Somerset had an off night.

All of which is exactly what you will be saying in reverse :D 

• Like 1

I will offer a different option. Why is there pressure on Somerset?  There’s no pressure on them. They are in their second season in the top flight. Remember last season when most people said they had assembled a championship side?  The Rebels narrowly missed out on the playoffs. 

This year, apparently they assembled a top heavy team due to Jason Doyle’s presence in the side. As with every team at the start of the season, the play offs were the aim. However, this team of racers built by Garry May, now have an excellent chance to get to the final. 

There is no pressure on Somerset at all. Everybody at the OTA is already celebrating a superb season, a season which in all honesty has proved way above expectations in reality. 

Lose to Poole, then fine. The coffers have been boosted, appetites wetted for next year. Beat the Pirates, then the whole speedway world will be willing them on in the final. Lose the final, then they will be congratulated for a team that in 2002, were racing on a virtually ploughed field, to a team that contested the final of the very top tier. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

How many including KO Cups Craven sheilds and  pairs.? Hmm.

Well you have to go back to1976 when came to Cov with Olsen then start counting Cradley Wolves etc quit a lot I would think

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Hate lol

The problem is Poole has its fair share of strange fans who either troll or are to blinkered to see anything different.

I had loads of stuff at the start of the season because i said Pooles 1-7 looked risky..........Shovlar and 1 or 2 of his little buddies told me i was anti Poole and talking rubbish.

Well i was 100% spot on so i love seeing this amazing side have to use half the riders in the elite league to only just make the play offs.

Lets hope we get a Somerset v whoever final

I see Your team Ipswich looking good for the playoffs NOT

Just now, Arthur54 said:

He’s not interested in Ipswich. Red herring. The reason he doesn’t post in Ipswich threads because he is more interested in Poole.  A very weird person with some serious issues.

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

The pressure is on Poole ....built a superstar team we was all told and were the hottest favourites for years.

Poor management maybe but Poole have used 13 riders to scrape into the play offs.

Going out at the semi finals will be seen as a massive failure and surely the time has come for Middlo to step aside..............easy to manage a side with superstars but clearly lacking when he doesnt have those superstar riders, maybe a problem with motivation

Bottom of the league in July, in the playoffs in September, don't get any better than that 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Nope been an awful season , had Covatti injured and then Hume and then King and then Schlein yet we still only just outside the play offs so one of those seasons wrecked by injury.

But then again although most Ipswich fans thought we would do well we never boasted or belittled any other team. 

I do like the way you put ‘not’ at the end of your post sounding like a 90’s teenager very mature lol. 

Maybe Ipswich built their team wrong we will never know........ but Poole most certainly did yet  still you fail to acknowledge that.

Poole going out in the semi finals is failure .....Ipswich not making the play offs is failure.... not hard is it