British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

People can make there own minds up surely..:) Besides, i dont see any BV Kings Lynn thread been started . Proves who are the most popular sides..;)

Because our semi final first leg is a week after yours I’d imagine.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 6:58 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

All managers make the odd blooper. But how many titles has he won? Almost lost count.

Is Jose Mourinho the best manager in the Premiership at the moment? 

On 9/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

No I was there to witness the track at first hand in the B fixture. It was televised so anyone watching on BT saw what the track was like. Leave the curb and go backwards. They also did it against Kings Lynn. Nicolai posted on twitter asking what the hell have Somerset done to their great race track?

Nicolas Klindt wouldn't know a good race track if it slapped him round the face!

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

How so Steve?

Holder was scheduled to ride at the start of the year and wouldn’t have been number one either and on form I doubt he would have taken the number 1 mantle.

thought Kurtz was always the ‘one over 8 rider’ this season or did I miss something?

Really? I'm sure Chris would have a better average than 6.80!!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Nicolas Klindt wouldn't know a good race track if it slapped him round the face!

:icon_smile_clown:

57 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's not my fault. I gave a list of five names to Ed Woodward and I expected to get at least one Centre-Back maybe two but I ended up with nothing so it's not my fault. 

I have won more Premiership titles than the other 19 managers have. Three for me and two for them. Respect. Respect.

I have to say I do fear for Poole in this match up.  Can see Somerset taking them to the cleaners in front of a live TV audience.

I can imagine Shovvy has his long list of worn out excuses at the ready. Zzzzzzzzz

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

How so Steve?

Holder was scheduled to ride at the start of the year and wouldn’t have been number one either and on form I doubt he would have taken the number 1 mantle.

thought Kurtz was always the ‘one over 8 rider’ this season or did I miss something?

i think you will find before they brought in the one over eight poole was going to bring in another rider with a higher average than brady but brady had already signed for the coming season so scuppered that plan

Edited by ray c

On 9/6/2018 at 7:46 PM, semion said:

Think the question Poole fans should be asking is the team good enough this season, indivually ? If the answer is yes then where has it gone wrong in only finishing 4th.  Could it be that all is not well in the Poole camp.  Certainly a season of underachieving thus far. 

4th ???????

Wasn't at least one Poole fan telling us, after the original 7 were announced, how they were going to smash certain teams on their travels?

• Like 1

I think Somerset will come up short over the two legs, Im going for them to take a 6-8 point advantage from the first leg and I just feel that wont be enough.

36 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Wasn't at least one Poole fan telling us, after the original 7 were announced, how they were going to smash certain teams on their travels?

To be honest its the same Poole fan everytime, so if you say anything thats not of his opinion you become anti - poole very strange.

But yes i got told i know nothing as i said the Poole team was built with a risk and would finish 3rd.............hmmm think i was spot on. (though admittedly i had Belle Vue top and Leicester 2nd lol)

Now he is happy they are in the play offs and anything else is a bonus.............no Poole have had a shocking season and if reaching the play offs is seen as successful this season then thats just a joke

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

To be honest its the same Poole fan everytime, so if you say anything thats not of his opinion you become anti - poole very strange.

But yes i got told i know nothing as i said the Poole team was built with a risk and would finish 3rd.............hmmm think i was spot on. (though admittedly i had Belle Vue top and Leicester 2nd lol)

Now he is happy they are in the play offs and anything else is a bonus.............no Poole have had a shocking season and if reaching the play offs is seen as successful this season then thats just a joke

This post is exactly why most think you are a bit of a prat.

Poole have done a remarkable job to turn their season around to be honest , after the first couple of months they were completely written off and now they are in the play offs and many believe they can win it, its only the anti Poole people like yourself who cant see that. 

You keep bigging yourself up all the time and telling everyone how you predicted this and that, but nobody really cares. You have predicted many things and got it wrong. 

Poole could yet still win the thing, I actually hope they do just to spite you. 

• Like 4

Afraid Gavan has completely lost it. You are calling it dead right Pinny. We laugh louder with every post he makes. He has been completely rumbled by everyone. Thinly disguised posts which have nothing but bile as the undertone.

16 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I don’t believe he is a Poole hater - I think he is an SS hater and you seem to thrive on this - winding him up at every opportunity.  No need to keep repeating his personal life either - best to stick to speedway or where you are going on “holiday” after the semis :wink: 

Just my opinion.

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

He doesn't spout nowhere near as much cr*p on here as you do i'm afraid.

Whilst gavan doesn't help himself, to be honest it's almost cyber bullying imo. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Afraid Gavan has completely lost it. You are calling it dead right Pinny. We laugh louder with every post he makes. He has been completely rumbled by everyone. Thinly disguised posts which have nothing but bile as the undertone.

I would agree with Badge - definitely cyber bullying and been going on for too long.  If you have nothing nice to say about Gavan then best say nothing - and I suggest he does the same - although his posts are mostly about speedway and replying to your wind-ups. 

• Like 2