British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But my dad is bigger than your dad

I very much doubt that as well :rofl:

You know Gavan there is a simple solution, maybe you haven't thought of it yet. How about you don't go on Poole threads? I don't go the championship threads as there is no connection to Poole. Maybe just mull the idea over and see what you think? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You know Gavan there is a simple solution, maybe you haven't thought of it yet. How about you don't go on Poole threads? I don't go the championship threads as there is no connection to Poole. Maybe just mull the idea over and see what you think? 

It's an internet speedway forum fgs, anyone can read post on any thread. You Poole fans don't own the threads. Think you are just stoking the fire a bit here Lisa.

Back to speedway now hey:D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

It's an internet speedway forum fgs, anyone can read post on any thread. You Poole fans don't own the threads. Think you are just stoking the fire a bit here Lisa.

Lol. I just don't see any other solution! As long as he continues to post negative and anti Poole posts then people will just call him out on it. You know if he didn't post on Poole threads they would only be half the size! :D 

Anyway as you say back to speedway and see how long it takes for another negative Poole post to turn up ;) 

19 minutes ago, Badge said:

True Poole fans don’t own threads. But expect a reaction if you come onto a Poole thread and post bile. 

People would think I would have a screw loose if I went on an Ipswich thread every day posting the same bile Gavan does on Poole threads. And if I did I would expect to be treated the same way Gavan is on Poole threads.

He used to faintly disguise his posts but doesn’t even bother to do that now. It’s just vitriol against Middlo, Matt Ford, any Poole rider and Poole fans who stand up to his nonesense.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Really? I'm sure Chris would have a better average than 6.80!!

Im not convinced. He has been poor all year everywhere.

12 hours ago, ray c said:

i think you will find before they brought in the one over eight poole was going to bring in another rider with a higher average than brady but brady had already signed for the coming season so scuppered that plan

Interesting comment, would be intriguing to see who it might have been. Heard Pawlicki (Piotr) was linked to come to Poole wether that would have been on his actual 7+ plus average or the reassessed 9 rumoured for GP standard riders.

37 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Im not convinced. He has been poor all year everywhere.

Interesting comment, would be intriguing to see who it might have been. Heard Pawlicki (Piotr) was linked to come to Poole wether that would have been on his actual 7+ plus average or the reassessed 9 rumoured for GP standard riders.

It was Dudek, so they messed that one up! Though commitment wise might have been a might risky.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It was Dudek, so they messed that one up! Though commitment wise might have been a might risky.

Be interesting to hear what average he would have been on,

On 9/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, EnglishRoundabout said:

I will offer a different option. Why is there pressure on Somerset?  There’s no pressure on them. They are in their second season in the top flight. Remember last season when most people said they had assembled a championship side?  The Rebels narrowly missed out on the playoffs. 

This year, apparently they assembled a top heavy team due to Jason Doyle’s presence in the side. As with every team at the start of the season, the play offs were the aim. However, this team of racers built by Garry May, now have an excellent chance to get to the final. 

There is no pressure on Somerset at all. Everybody at the OTA is already celebrating a superb season, a season which in all honesty has proved way above expectations in reality. 

Lose to Poole, then fine. The coffers have been boosted, appetites wetted for next year. Beat the Pirates, then the whole speedway world will be willing them on in the final. Lose the final, then they will be congratulated for a team that in 2002, were racing on a virtually ploughed field, to a team that contested the final of the very top tier. 

Absolutely right, whatever happens Somerset have done well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yeah not sure about that, maybe they use Polish averages as a guide.

1 hour ago, Buttons said:

They have done well, better than what I thought but the favourites in the playoffs always have pressure on them no matter who it's from.

16 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I take it your talking about Dudek ? He would come in on an 8, but Matt wanted him a couple of years ago, but he didnt want to ride here due to his other comitments. But as every other promoter will tell you, it doesnt just finish there..

14 hours ago, Buttons said:

Weren't you expecting them to do well with the best rider in the world? They have the best team and not at least getting to the final would have to be considered failure. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Weren't you expecting them to do well with the best rider in the world? They have the best team and not at least getting to the final would have to be considered failure. 

You can't win a Championship with one rider, the others need to play their part, and no way did i think Somerset would do as well as they have, as all the pundits thought in the S. Star at the beginning of the season !