British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Even Harris who has been excellent only got 2 last time at Somerset.

Said afterwards the track was appalling with nothing for racers.

50 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Said afterwards the track was appalling with nothing for racers.

That is our problem if it is one line and no grip our riders may struggle again, May has already shown his hand that this is how he will prepare the track so we have to make sure we can adapt this time. 

19 hours ago, foreverblue said:

That is our problem if it is one line and no grip our riders may struggle again, May has already shown his hand that this is how he will prepare the track so we have to make sure we can adapt this time. 

Still cannot understand why we are so bad around Somerset, especially as our Nos 1 and 2 used to race there. Over the 2 legs, Somerset still massive favourites for me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Still cannot understand why we are so bad around Somerset, especially as our Nos 1 and 2 used to race there. Over the 2 legs, Somerset still massive favourites for me

Agreed those two even joked about not being as bad as the last time before the last meeting at Somerset and yet they were still pretty bad.

"Think the question Poole fans should be asking is the team good enough this season, indivually ? If the answer is yes then where has it gone wrong in only finishing 4th.  Could it be that all is not well in the Poole camp.  Certainly a season of underachieving thus far. "

I think Swindon, Wolves and Leicester would like to underachieve on the same scale!

Edited by Knightime
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Rest assured, our boys and Neil will not leave a stone unturned on the track walk this time..

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Rest assured, our boys and Neil will not leave a stone unturned on the track walk this time..

If like last time, there are any on the track!

4 minutes ago, BobC said:

If like last time, there are any on the track!

if the track is the same as last time  and if our boys cant get out the gate the score line could be the same as last time 51  39 or similar :nono:

44 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Time for one of your boys to get a dirtometer from their toolbox ;)

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

if the track is the same as last time  and if our boys cant get out the gate the score line could be the same as last time 51  39 or similar :nono:

That will have to change, we need to gate and keep to the kerb, no point in trying the outside line.

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Time for one of your boys to get a dirtometer from their toolbox ;)

Kelvin will be there they can have a loan of his :nono:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ray c said:

Kelvin will be there they can have a loan of his :nono:

I can't see him doing that. I believe it's the only one ever made so must be very valuable. That's probably why Kelvin has cleverly disguised it to look like a screwdriver. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

That will have to change, we need to gate and keep to the kerb, no point in trying the outside line.

Why?

Surely Garry May will realise the Poole riders think that the inside line will be the place, thus then changing the track to make the outside more favourable?

49 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why?

Surely Garry May will realise the Poole riders think that the inside line will be the place, thus then changing the track to make the outside more favourable?

And give Chris Harris the racing line he wants? I thought that was why they changed it last time, to stop Chris scoring? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Southampton Pirate said:

Brady said the track is completely different now to when he rode for them..