British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Brady said the track is completely different now to when he rode for them..

And so is Brady!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Why?

Surely Garry May will realise the Poole riders think that the inside line will be the place, thus then changing the track to make the outside more favourable?

As i said, and i wont say it again, our boys will not miss a trick this time.

22 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

As i said, and i wont say it again, our boys will not miss a trick this time.

End of the day they got to gate gating is imperative if the track is the same as last time !!!

2 hours ago, Knightime said:

"Think the question Poole fans should be asking is the team good enough this season, indivually ? If the answer is yes then where has it gone wrong in only finishing 4th.  Could it be that all is not well in the Poole camp.  Certainly a season of underachieving thus far. "

I think Swindon, Wolves and Leicester would like to underachieve on the same scale!

4th???? Last time I looked Poole had 44 points and Belle Vue 40 points. Even if Belle Vue were to win at Swindon and get all 4 points, they would have to win by 41 points to get into 3rd place above Poole on race points!!!,

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Why?

Surely Garry May will realise the Poole riders think that the inside line will be the place, thus then changing the track to make the outside more favourable?

I doubt it, worked last time and gives their riders a massive advantage.

Seems there is some passing tonight.

JD withdrawn after a fall. Hope it's just a slight knock.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Sounds as though JD's injury is his hip!  Garry May said afterwards that he will be fit for monday - but then nobody would expect him to say anything else at this stage?!

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sounds as though JD's injury is his hip!  Garry May said afterwards that he will be fit for monday - but then nobody would expect him to say anything else at this stage?!

Just probably some bruising so a precautionary withdrawal.

I really can’t call this, it’s either going to be like the last tv meeting against both sides where Poole struggled to get there set up with a similar score or Poole could pull off a shock. Either way I will be there to cheer the boys on!

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

Poole have run every year since 1948 the only  year they did not compete in a league was 1957 , even  then they run a series of open meetings including two National League matches under the name of Rayliegh Pirates 

• Like 1

I think we got to keep it close and keep it to eight points to win the second leg and that will be tight exciting though !!!

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I really can’t call this, it’s either going to be like the last tv meeting against both sides where Poole struggled to get there set up with a similar score or Poole could pull off a shock. Either way I will be there to cheer the boys on!

Tricky one. But speedway riders have been walking tracks since time began, well almost ;) Kurtz knows the track. Must of walked it many times. He should know where the grip is going to be. If theres nothing on the outside, maybe  retard the timing a tad or up the main jet to make the bike a bit flatter to grip of off the start ? If it's gate and go.

Edited by Bald Bloke
spelling

Brady has to perform if we are to stand a chance.

Been very poor on his last couple of visits to OTA.

Can't call it on aggregate. Could come down to an exclusion or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It could come down to weak links and both teams have possible weaknesses, Somerset have Covatti and Summers, Poole have Worrall and Kurtz.

If it comes down to the aformentioned 4 i would rather have Worrell and Brady any day.