British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

5 hours ago, Col said:

NKI, a far more capable rider than Klindt Tweeted sonething similar about his most recent visit to Wimbourne Rd.

Ah yes but that was different Col, that was ‘sour grapes’ because Puk scored poorly and Lynn were thrashed. 

Amazing how different two similar situations can be depending on whether Poole win or lose and where the meetings took place :D I can’t imagine too many people take the absolute guff he writes seriously to be honest.

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ah yes but that was different Col, that was ‘sour grapes’ because Puk scored poorly and Lynn were thrashed. 

Amazing how different two similar situations can be depending on whether Poole win or lose and where the meetings took place :D I can’t imagine too many people take the absolute guff he writes seriously to be honest.

Poole it isn't one line racing leave the kerb and go backwards though. NKI may have a point it isn't as good as years ago but the racing is still good and plenty of passing. 

According to the website we have moved Kacper Woryna to number 2  and Josh G to 3. I think this is a good move tactically. Josh has been going well and as the more experienced rider should be in the heat leader position and rides well with Nicolai Klindt. 

• Like 2

Any bets as to what heat Matt Ford will leave the Oaktree Arena tonight!  Matt has been seen leaving early on Poole's last 2 visits to the Oaktree - so what heat will it be tonight? 

My own guess would be after heat 13...

1 minute ago, Ghosty said:

Any bets as to what heat Matt Ford will leave the Oaktree Arena tonight!  Matt has been seen leaving early on Poole's last 2 visits to the Oaktree - so what heat will it be tonight? 

My own guess would be after heat 13...

zzzzzzzzzz  Think I'll be watching the racing rather than keeping an eye out for Matt and his business"!

Edited by Mr X

Ford will wish he kept jack starting from tonite, how can any team beat these rebels with so many Ausies , and all firing at the pointy end of season, silverware looking good

Just saw the highlights of Gorzow v Leszno - Speedway as it should be.

Point of the post is Brady Kurtz who scored 4 plus 2 from his 5 rides. To be honest other than one ride in which he scored 2 plus 1 he didnt look that good. Rarely made starts and did nothing from the back.

The way he is riding the second half of this season I can see him being a weak link in the play off. Hate to say it as I have always thought he would be one of the World's top riders. Maybe one day he will but haven't seen much recently to suggest so. To me Leszno's 2 young reserves look more promising than him currently.

Take a look at the last race last night in Gorzow to see exciting 23 year olds Piotr Pawliki and Zmarzlik showing how it should be done. Zmarzlik didnt quite get there but so reminded me of Darcy's all action style on the bike.  The camera's also did great action shots of the battle between the two. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7xEe1pbI4I

1 minute ago, krompa said:

Is Tactical Substitution allowed in Playoffs?

No as the are two leg meetings

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe Riss should have done it before the cut off date then!

The first big crash that started this chain of events was v PBoro on the 23rd so not really an option unles Riss is clairvoyant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

No as the are two leg meetings

That's ridiculous! So you can use it when the winners are decided over one meeting but not when it's decided over two?! 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's ridiculous! So you can use it when the winners are decided over one meeting but not when it's decided over two?! 

Well that is what the bspa have agreed.

I assume people remember the P’boro v Reading final of 2006? Absolutely correct that there are no tacticals in two legged ties. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Good decision by the BSPA for a change. Wouldn't be fair if one team got through on aggregate by a couple of points due to a double points ride. Teams shouldn't be rewarded for riding poorly in my opinion. 

The league table counts them in when deciding the playoffs, could be a different set of teams if took all the TS over a whole season out. Wolves prob be in it for starters .So not fair on them.