British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Just saw the highlights of Gorzow v Leszno - Speedway as it should be.

Point of the post is Brady Kurtz who scored 4 plus 2 from his 5 rides. To be honest other than one ride in which he scored 2 plus 1 he didnt look that good. Rarely made starts and did nothing from the back.

The way he is riding the second half of this season I can see him being a weak link in the play off. Hate to say it as I have always thought he would be one of the World's top riders. Maybe one day he will but haven't seen much recently to suggest so. To me Leszno's 2 young reserves look more promising than him currently.

Take a look at the last race last night in Gorzow to see exciting 23 year olds Piotr Pawliki and Zmarzlik showing how it should be done. Zmarzlik didnt quite get there but so reminded me of Darcy's all action style on the bike.  The camera's also did great action shots of the battle between the two. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7xEe1pbI4I

He won't have to beat anywhere near that class of rider tonight, he doesn't need to beat Doyle just needs to concentrate on beating the rest. He is a good rider but has a long to go to be a world class rider.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Bet 365 think Somerset will win by 10 tonight.- think it might be nearer 6 myself.

I would take 10 right now, I can see it being at least 12-14.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He won't have to beat anywhere near that class of rider tonight, he doesn't need to beat Doyle just needs to concentrate on beating the rest. He is a good rider but has a long to go to be a world class rider.

I disagree a bit.

If he does well he will face Doyle 3 times so thats 6 points so you saying he will win the other 2 to give him 12?

Cant see him doing that the form he is in, last time Summers and Covatti beat him so anything could happen.

Can see Brady getting 8-9 tonight

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I assume people remember the P’boro v Reading final of 2006? Absolutely correct that there are no tacticals in two legged ties. 

My thoughts exactly.  I still believe that Reading were robbed that year

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I disagree a bit.

If he does well he will face Doyle 3 times so thats 6 points so you saying he will win the other 2 to give him 12?

Cant see him doing that the form he is in, last time Summers and Covatti beat him so anything could happen.

I'll take that. Massive improvement on his last visit! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I disagree a bit.

I meant that is what he needs to do not that he has any chance of doing it probably get beaten by Allen. 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would take 10 right now, I can see it being at least 12-14.

I think you'll be ok as long as Kurtz keeps it together tonight. Much needed in 13 and 15. I know Middlo will want to win it, but anything less than 10,is very doable for you in your home leg imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke

May the best team win and all riders are injury-free at the finish.

• Like 6

Just now, Skidder1 said:

May the best team win and all riders are injury-free at the finish.

Agree.

We have seen far too many injuries as of late. 

I hope all the riders stay safe and as you said may the best team win.

Doesn't seem right hearing Natalie say 'dirtometer', she's not that kind of girl.

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Bet 365 think Somerset will win by 10 tonight.- think it might be nearer 6 myself.

I'll go 12 points win.        Good call by Somerset to ride the first leg at home.    get a big lead.

• Haha 1