British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

5 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Brilliant team effort from the Pirates. Nobody outstanding but solid right through the team. 

Somerset carried by Doyle.

Think Garry May is clutching at straws to think Somerset will be close at Poole.

Poole will win comfortably at home, by 12-15 then go on to win the Play-Off title once again 

I thought Klindt and Josh put a shift in.

I said I thought the Rebels would come up short over the two legs but was expecting them to at least take a 6 to 8 point lead into the second leg, never been a fan of Lawson, tonight showed why, a big disappointment on his home track, not great returns from Holder or Allen either. It was a good meeting with some good racing, especially Doyle. Riders were saying it was a bit slicker than usual, did that catch the home side out a bit? Taking the home leg first was a bit of a gamble and it didn't pay off, I can see a comfy home win for Poole in the second leg.

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Brilliant team effort from the Pirates. Nobody outstanding but solid right through the team. 

Somerset carried by Doyle.

Think Garry May is clutching at straws to think Somerset will be close at Poole.

Poole will win comfortably at home, by 12-15 then go on to win the Play-Off title once again 

Yep. Poole will beat Lynn or BV over 2 legs imho. Hope NKI is ok

2 hours ago, Mark said:

I'll go 12 points win.        Good call by Somerset to ride the first leg at home.    get a big lead.

This it ? Im not trolling back any further. Im very happy with a two point defeat, but it aint over yet, theres still a lot of work to do.

Edited by Starman2006

Just now, Starman2006 said:

This it ? Im not trolling back any further. Im very hapy with a two point defeat, but it aint over yet, theres still a lot of work to do.

You have this and you know it :wink:

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

This it ? Im not trolling back any further. Im very happy with a two point defeat, but it aint over yet, theres still a lot of work to do.

You are the 3rd Poole fan to point out my opinion was wrong.    So what !    

I am not anti Poole it was just an opinion.   Well done to your team but only half time.   Poole in the driving seat.   I'd still take the first leg at home but you need the home team to fire. Tonight they didn't.

A gentle reminder to the minority of the cocksure Poole fans - Somerset have already won at Poole this season .......

• Like 1

Surprised by the result. 

Perhaps the lack of experience in this environment proved pivotal for Somerset. 

All over bar the shouting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Always a RACER said:

A gentle reminder to the minority of the cocksure Poole fans - Somerset have already won at Poole this season .......

Poole showed they wanted it tonight. First time iv'e seen it. Poole have this now.. I think Lynn peaked a bit to soon. I hope i'm wrong..

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Poole showed they wanted it tonight. First time iv'e seen it. Poole have this now..

We will see - I guess it will an upset if the Pirates don’t make it now but the Rebels won’t throw in the towel.

Lawson chose the biggest nignt of the season to have an off night.

1 minute ago, Always a RACER said:

We will see - I guess it will an upset if the Pirates don’t make it now but the Rebels won’t throw in the towel.

Lawson chose the biggest nignt of the season to have an off night.

Kurtz has chose several :P

22 minutes ago, Mark said:

You are the 3rd Poole fan to point out my opinion was wrong.    So what !    

I am not anti Poole it was just an opinion.   Well done to your team but only half time.   Poole in the driving seat.   I'd still take the first leg at home but you need the home team to fire. Tonight they didn't.

We know its only half time and nothing will be taken for granted, believe me..

• Like 1

Somerset badly let down by Holder and Lawson.

May just seemed happy to have the Rebels in the play offs - Poole more up for it and the better team on the night.

really disappointing for the Rebels fans.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Only Lawson has let the Rebels down really. BWD & Allen have thrown a point away each but you have to expect that from riders starting the season on sub 4 point averages.

Is that a typo as they were both over 4 at start and still are. Jonas was lowest on 4.00 at start.