British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't calling people fools and numptys a personal attack?? :blink: :unsure: I'm really surprised grown middle aged men can't debate without name calling.

If someone calls me a fool or numpty i dont really care im not 5.............start digging into personal stuff like my marriage then thats an issue

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

If someone calls me a fool or numpty i dont really care im not 5.............start digging into personal stuff like my marriage then thats an issue

You're married?????!!!!:rolleyes::blink::shock::shock:

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

But you are the one that told the world about your domestic circumstances on this forum. Not sure that was wise chap...

23 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

But you are the one that told the world about your domestic circumstances on this forum. Not sure that was wise chap...

What i did was i was asked where i had been because i was off the forum for a month or so...............people assumed i was banned..................i merely said that my marriage was over and i had moved out and was spending time sorting stuff out and the welfare of my children.

Shovlar then thinks he can start saying things now ( a year and a bit later) about my ex wife running off with other men and basically taking the mickey.........you dont do that sort of thing unless you have some sort of issue as a person.....and also to be so far away from the truth when it was me that moved out.

So no maybe i shouldnt have said (a year ago) that i was seperated, but i still dont expect the rise to be taken out of a personal situation.

As stated ive never got on with Starman either but the guy has had a serious illness, i wouldnt dream of making any sort of fun out of a personal situation, but i guess if it gives people their kicks then thats what they will do....................lets hope nothing ever happens to Mr Shovlar in his personal life.............and that nobody on here decides to mock him and make up lies.

Anyway back to speedway...............

14 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

It's a useful technique for judging other forum users. 

If you let it be known you've got unusual tastes, a sad life, mental issues, or anything which can be used to ridicule, and some users take the piss instead of feeling sorry for you, then you can be fairly sure they don't like you and you can deal with them accordingly.

It can backfire if you can't deal with the pisstaking though.

If you think people have unusual tastes then for sure a bit of mickey taking is fine.

But if someone has mental issues, health issues, marriage break up, family issues or the like, then you have to be a twisted individual to find it amusing to highlight that and take the p1ss out of those people.

I have no time at all for Shovlar, the man is a troll who voices differing opinions to mainly the rest of the forum just to get a rise and inflame.........................but if he had health issues or personal problems there is totally no way i would take the mickey out of those, kind of sick and weird in my mind to get pleasure out of other peoples misfortune

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

What i did was i was asked where i had been because i was off the forum for a month or so...............people assumed i was banned..................i merely said that my marriage was over and i had moved out and was spending time sorting stuff out and the welfare of my children.

Shovlar then thinks he can start saying things now ( a year and a bit later) about my ex wife running off with other men and basically taking the mickey.........you dont do that sort of thing unless you have some sort of issue as a person.....and also to be so far away from the truth when it was me that moved out.

So no maybe i shouldnt have said (a year ago) that i was seperated, but i still dont expect the rise to be taken out of a personal situation.

As stated ive never got on with Starman either but the guy has had a serious illness, i wouldnt dream of making any sort of fun out of a personal situation, but i guess if it gives people their kicks then thats what they will do....................lets hope nothing ever happens to Mr Shovlar in his personal life.............and that nobody on here decides to mock him and make up lies.

Doesn't matter what you do or what you say Gav, people will always do that, unless its them. I wouldn't envy anybody who goes through what i've had and still have, lucky as I might have been.. Same as going through a divorce. I thought I had friends I could rely on to pick up the phone and just say how are you, im afraid that doesn't happen now. Although some have been very good, Including some of Matts friends. Himself and his lovely wife.

Having just watched the recording of this meeting, I find the comparisons between this meeting and our 2nd leg  KO against Swindon were a world apart.   You couldn't find two tracks so different,   At Somerset the track was uneven with ruts galore.  the grooves on the corners were so important in finding that extra grip.    Lynn track was as smooth and flat as can be, but the racing was so processional.   .  Somerset was far better with positional changes every race..   Some of the overtaking was from the top drawer. 

So in hindsight, are we to say that,     the worse track surfaces produce better racing  ????      

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I'm sure you mustn't realise you're doing it but that's at least 3 times in the last couple of days that I've noticed you make unsolicited comments about Starman's health, yet you claim never to do so, have think, just by mentioning it you are bringing it into a public forum, whether you ridicule or pi$$take is irrelevant really.

What's wrong with merely saying you don't get on and leaving it there?

On 9/18/2018 at 1:55 PM, Gavan said:

I havent once made any reference to Starmans health........ask him yourself

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Having just watched the recording of this meeting, I find the comparisons between this meeting and our 2nd leg  KO against Swindon were a world apart.   You couldn't find two tracks so different,   At Somerset the track was uneven with ruts galore.  the grooves on the corners were so important in finding that extra grip.    Lynn track was as smooth and flat as can be, but the racing was so processional.   .  Somerset was far better with positional changes every race..   Some of the overtaking was from the top drawer. 

So in hindsight, are we to say that,     the worse track surfaces produce better racing  ????      

I wouldn't say that because I have been to many good meetings on smooth tracks, the NSS is smooth and when Kings Lynn track is prepared well it can produce great racing too but the odd rut or two does help sometimes, riders usually say they like smooth tracks which is strange because as soon as they see a rut they aim for it especially if they are not winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw42 said:

I'm sure you mustn't realise you're doing it but that's at least 3 times in the last couple of days that I've noticed you make unsolicited comments about Starman's health, yet you claim never to do so, have think, just by mentioning it you are bringing it into a public forum, whether you ridicule or pi$$take is irrelevant really.

What's wrong with merely saying you don't get on and leaving it there?

Starmans health was put on the forum when he was taken ill , and many times since he has commented how he is getting on. 

I have never mocked his health situation is the point im making

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Starmans health was put on the forum when he was taken ill , and many times since he has commented how he is getting on. 

I have never mocked his health situation is the point im making

Good old you.

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

If you think people have unusual tastes then for sure a bit of mickey taking is fine.

But if someone has mental issues, health issues, marriage break up, family issues or the like, then you have to be a twisted individual to find it amusing to highlight that and take the p1ss out of those people.

I have no time at all for Shovlar, the man is a troll who voices differing opinions to mainly the rest of the forum just to get a rise and inflame.........................but if he had health issues or personal problems there is totally no way i would take the mickey out of those, kind of sick and weird in my mind to get pleasure out of other peoples misfortune

Some twisted forum users seem absolutely fine mocking others. Each to their own I guess.

11 hours ago, Gavan said:

Depends what the ban is for.................if its for calling people fools and numptys then its a bit of a joke.

If the mods have decided its for personal attacks on me and maybe others then its justified....not that it bothered me. was great comedy value really

Been banned because you constantly trolled him.

Edited by JusticeForShovlar
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

YOU'RE SO 2 FACED IT'S UNREAL

You have been banned for threatening to physically attack me. Yes I am Matt Ford Fan / Trumpy unlike you ill admit to my screen names. Everyone know's you're TRACKRAT.

You have also been banned for foul and abusive language towards other members of this forum. So many members not just one or two.

Before anyone starts. As I said above I am Trumpy/Matt Ford Fan but I have changed my screen name in defence of Shovlar hoping the mods reverse the decision to ban Shovlar. I don't see eye to eye with Shovlar and we don't get along but I speak the truth when stuff get's serious and Shovlar has done nothing wrong. You're the soul reason why so many threads end up in slanging matches. You have already admitted that you have been banned a few times so that backs up my claim.

Mods decision to ban Shovlar is more corrupt than the Ronaldo sending off against Valencia tonight. Both decisions should be overturned with immediate effect. Shovlar only spoke the truth and Ronaldo only baby tapped the Valencia player on the head. 

• Haha 1