British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think our key men are Proctor (if fit) and Jorgensen at 3 & 4, what they score will have a big say in how successful or otherwise we are.

They are, they have been great together and hopefully will come up with the goods as they have done so all season.  But tbh everyone is key woooooooooo

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Rather BV meself..

Think we need to worry about Somerset first with Covatti at reserve they are not out of it yet.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Think we need to worry about Somerset first with Covatti at reserve they are not out of it yet.

Yup, fully aware of that.

4 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Rather BV meself..

If we do get past Somerset then I would prefer BV as we would have the choice of home or away first. If its KL they would have the choice.

• Like 2

I thought we rode brilliantly at Somerset. I was one of the many Poole fans there who thought before the meeting that we could be spanked, but Middlo shows us yet again why he is the best in the business by rallying his team to put in a superb performance.

I spoke to Middlo briefly before the meeting and he said he will give the mother of all track talks and that’s what he did, with the help of Gary May and his “we are gonna smash ‘em” comment. Gary was even saying before the meeting he wanted a 20 point lead over the tannoy. What more incentive could our lot want?

It’s not over yet of course. But we now have the chance to get through to the final, and with it further glory. We are still underdogs to win the championship but our odds are slowly coming down.

Roll on next Monday. Should be one hell of a meeting.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I thought we rode brilliantly at Somerset. I was one of the many Poole fans there who thought before the meeting that we could be spanked, but Middlo shows us yet again why he is the best in the business by rallying his team to put in a superb performance.

I spoke to Middlo briefly before the meeting and he said he will give the mother of all track talks and that’s what he did, with the help of Gary May and his “we are gonna smash ‘em” comment. Gary was even saying before the meeting he wanted a 20 point lead over the tannoy. What more incentive could our lot want?

It’s not over yet of course. But we now have the chance to get through to the final, and with it further glory. We are still underdogs to win the championship but our odds are slowly coming down.

I agree next monday will be a tight but i didn't think for one second that we would keep it so close, May certainly helped and now we have a massive chance to get to the final. If Middlo can work his magic once again and the riders can give everything like they did at Somerset we have a great chance but i remember us drawing Belle Vue in the final and only just scraping home a  few years ago so its certainly not over and  Covatti at reserve will be a big plus for Somerset. 

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good to have you back Steven so it is.

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

At lease you are still posting Steve. If you read my posts on the other poole sites, you will see i was one of very few who didnt think we would get hammered. As you rightly say, not over yet by a long chalk. We need to assert our authority quickly. i wouldnt fancy Golden heats.

If we adopt a similar gameplan as we did at the Oaktree, by letting Doyle do his thing and ensuring only one or two last places then a couple of 5-1's with a couple fewer  3-3s and 4-2s will be ok

Not going to do any score predictions until I know what the revised riding order will be.:t:

Edited by Skidder1

On 9/22/2018 at 4:28 PM, foreverblue said:

I agree next monday will be a tight but i didn't think for one second that we would keep it so close, May certainly helped and now we have a massive chance to get to the final. If Middlo can work his magic once again and the riders can give everything like they did at Somerset we have a great chance but i remember us drawing Belle Vue in the final and only just scraping home a  few years ago so its certainly not over and  Covatti at reserve will be a big plus for Somerset. 

is covatti somehow going to find speed by going to reserve ... have you had a look who reserves race same guys as a number 3 the only difference is you have a reserve race in ht 2

1 hour ago, Batman65 said:

is covatti somehow going to find speed by going to reserve ... have you had a look who reserves race same guys as a number 3 the only difference is you have a reserve race in ht 2

He guested at Poole earlier in the season and scored a lot of points and going to reserve will help his confidence. He may not be in great form but he is a good rider who could easily beat our reserves. 

On 9/21/2018 at 11:26 AM, Gavan said:

Nope im here just not posting on the same topic

Not on a Poole one, that's unusual for you 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He guested at Poole earlier in the season and scored a lot of points and going to reserve will help his confidence. He may not be in great form but he is a good rider who could easily beat our reserves. 

Just have to outgate him. He was fast when he gated but less effective if we got in front of him.

If we win the toss I would chose heat 15 and let Somerset have 1 and 3 in heat 1.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just have to outgate him. He was fast when he gated but less effective if we got in front of him.

If we win the toss I would chose heat 15 and let Somerset have 1 and 3 in heat 1.

Well he overtook on a couple of occasions at Somerset in the league match but in general he doesn't overtake much but is a decent rider to have at reserve. Not sure about the gates but i take your point it may better to save 1 and 3 for heat 2 but as last monday showed this meeting has all the signs of going all the way. 

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well he overtook on a couple of occasions at Somerset in the league match but in general he doesn't overtake much but is a decent rider to have at reserve. Not sure about the gates but i take your point it may better to save 1 and 3 for heat 2 but as last monday showed this meeting has all the signs of going all the way. 

Hopefully not as tight as this afternoons nail biter.