British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

We need to be close coming up to heat 13 because that is where it could be lost

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

If it comes down to the aformentioned 4 i would rather have Worrell and Brady any day.

Your missing the point

I dont think its about the quality of the riders its about doing there job.

Brady is obviously a much better rider than Covatti or Summers and will score more points then them.

However Brady isnt up against Covatti he is up against Doyle. Brady needs to be getting double figures otherwise he is a weak link. Worrall from reserve should be scoring 9 or 10 from a likely 5 rides or he will be a weak link. Covatti at number two needs to be getting 6 or 7 and Summers at reserve should be getting 7 or 8 at home. 

What the poster was trying to say was that if they didnt get those scores they will be letting the team down a bit.

Its not about Worrall and Brady being better than Covatti and Summers its about which each individual will bring to the team

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

The trouble is they will prepare it like last time and our riders will probably struggle to deal with it again.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Heats 13 and 15 are massive for Poole as in both legs they could be on the end of two 5-1's. If at Somerset they can only concede a 4-2 and a 3-3 it will help soften the blow.

The danger for Poole is at reserve as this season Pooles bottom 2 have been thrashing most other reserves apart from Somersets. Woryna has scored 17 and 9 at Somerset and Poole have still lost both times. If Worrall doesnt perform against Allen & Summers and Pooles top 2 are dominated by Doyle and Holder it could be a 20 point deficit

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Heats 13 and 15 are massive for Poole as in both legs they could be on the end of two 5-1's. If at Somerset they can only concede a 4-2 and a 3-3 it will help soften the blow.

The danger for Poole is at reserve as this season Pooles bottom 2 have been thrashing most other reserves apart from Somersets. Woryna has scored 17 and 9 at Somerset and Poole have still lost both times. If Worrall doesnt perform against Allen & Summers and Pooles top 2 are dominated by Doyle and Holder it could be a 20 point deficit

12 point deficit last time was to many over the two legs .All points to a somerset win really but stranger things have happened. ?

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

12 point deficit last time was to many over the two legs .All points to a somerset win really but stranger things have happened. ?

We are definitely up against it and I would make Somerset clear favourites but as you say stranger things have happened.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We are definitely up against it and I would make Somerset clear favourites but as you say stranger things have happened.

Agree. I am actually thinking we could get our backsides spanked on Monday. I will be there as always cheering on the boys but fear we could be ripped a new a$$hole if some of the team don’t come out all guns blazing. Gary May has gone on record saying they are “going to smash us” and I hope we can come out fighting enough to make the second leg more than a formality.

• Like 1

C’mon Somerset!!  I really don’t want Poole to reach the final ....

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree. I am actually thinking we could get our backsides spanked on Monday. I will be there as always cheering on the boys but fear we could be ripped a new a$$hole if some of the team don’t come out all guns blazing. Gary May has gone on record saying they are “going to smash us” and I hope we can come out fighting enough to make the second leg more than a formality.

I know we are all sounding a bit doom and gloom but realistically we need Kurtz and Harris to fire on all cylinders to have a chance, if we can keep it to 10 or less we can do it.

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I know we are all sounding a bit doom and gloom but realistically we need Kurtz and Harris to fire on all cylinders to have a chance, if we can keep it to 10 or less we can do it.

Kurtz has got 6 and 2 in his 2 meetings there this season thats shocking by anyones standards

Worrall scored 2 and so did Harris..........these 3 riders hold the key quite clearly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz has got 6 and 2 in his 2 meetings there this season thats shocking by anyones standards

Worrall scored 2 and so did Harris..........these 3 riders hold the key quite clearly

Brady got 10 points at Somerset in the May KOC fixture when Doyley only got 8+1.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree. I am actually thinking we could get our backsides spanked on Monday.

Fingers crossed :t::drink:

I always have this feeling that when the chips are down the pirates come out with all guns blazing.     If May has a normal track with plenty of dirt on the outside it would be a massive gamble.  There's no one better than Bomber riding them wide lines.    Most of Poole riders favour the wide spaces  that Somerset could use, so  we have to expect some white line racing  where the gaters  will benefit  riding them tight lines..

This will play right into the Rebels favour, who have been practicing this for a few weeks .     I cant imagine this will be pretty to watch, but I can see a substantial home win..    It would surprise me if Poole managed to get 40 points.   I think that's what they need to aim for, to stand any chance in the 2nd leg.     If I were Middlo  I would suggest they lower the gearing to get out that gate and then worry about them behind,  once they are in front.

Be interesting to see what Monday brings...        But I haven't dismissed the Pirates  just yet...…..  

37 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

Fingers crossed :t::drink:

Hmmm. A new poster. DC2 returns!:lol:

• Confused 1