British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

I thought the racing was good without being brilliant. Certainly one of the better non NSS telly meetings but that isn’t saying much really. Have seen much better at / from Somerset in the past.

Poole gated well and as usual have raised their game at the business end of the season. Somerset very much still in it though.

8 hours ago, NOBODY said:

Always the cautious serpent aren't you Gavan protecting your own words....It's not for anyone to throw it away. Was a tough meeting and the second leg will be as tough. 

I'd imagine ALL Poole fans/management were surprised at this result. So did Somerset throw it away? No. It was a close tough meeting and this league this season has been close for all bar Leicester (don't know what went wrong for them).

ps. Steve Shovlar has had a short ban thanks to ?????.  He asked me to pass on my love to you all. X 

Shovler dont needs gavans help to get banned he can do it easily on his own :nono:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Teams will always have an extra edge if written off, that extra % or two of motivation could be the difference. I have no doubt Middlo would have told his team what May said last week and that will always motivate a team a little bit more.

Will make for an exciting second leg then! :) 

• Like 2

I must of been watching a different meeting I thought the track was 1 line ... the track was a lot better last wednesday with more outside passing .... it was back to gate and hug the inside...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

I must of been watching a different meeting I thought the track was 1 line ... the track was a lot better last wednesday with more outside passing .... it was back to gate and hug the inside...

You must have been watching a different meeting IMO .:rolleyes:

I thought it was a good meeting too. I'm not sure where all this only 1 line around the kerb comes from.

25 minutes ago, ray c said:

Shovler dont needs gavans help to get banned he can do it easily on his own :nono:

No surprise he was banned with the nasty personal comments he made about Gavan which he removed quickly. A sad pathetic troll..always has been and always will be.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ray c said:

I can promise you on the lives of my children that i certainly havent reported him...............im an adult i dont believe in doing that sort of thing.

17 minutes ago, double_O said:

No surprise he was banned with the nasty personal comments he made about Gavan which he removed quickly. A sad pathetic troll..always has been and always will be.

As i said i never reported him and the personal stuff was water of a ducks back as he was so far off the mark. If you want to be personal with people about their lives then yes you deserve a ban........personally i find it a bit freaky that he was so intrigued in my life...............no offence to anyone on here but i dont really care whats going on in someones life and its up to them if they want to share it ................not for some troll to put it on a public forum and get it all wrong

55 minutes ago, Batman65 said:

No there wasnt one line, there wewre several, but they were all over the shop, certainly no consistancy in that track. All the riders didnt know where they were they just had to guess. And putting a dirt line up the inside of turn 2 if that was  deliberatly done, they were taking a hell of a chance, hit one of those ruts or pick up drive at the wrong time they would have ended up on the M5..alone with several others.
I believe, and know Somersets track has been better, it was a fair meeting but imo its not the same as it was for whatever reason.

Brady showed what he can do when not up against the World Champion.  He won't be up against him as much in the home leg as new averages are effective from 1st October so his confidence should improve riding down the order and on a track that has been prepared for the riders..

Back to last night I'm not sure why in heat 15 Poole didn't have Josh and Nicolai as they'd already ridden as a pair in 3 earlier heats scoring 4-2; 4-2; and 3-3.

Still well done to both teams.

Edited by Skidder1

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Brady showed what he can do when not up against the World Champion.  He won't be up against him as much in the home leg as new averages are effective from 1st October so his confidence should improve riding down the order and on a track that has been prepared for the riders..

Back to last night I'm not sure why in heat 15 Poole didn't have Josh and Nicolai as they'd already ridden as a pair in 3 earlier heats scoring 4-2; 4-2; and 3-3.

Far be it for me to defend Brady as he is not my favourite Poole rider and I always get accused of bashing him on social media but he'd already beaten Jack and won heat 5 fair comfortably. Maybe Middlo thought if he gated he was the most likely to hold off JD.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Not even banned anyway, he's listed as being online!! :D

38 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

No there wasnt one line, there wewre several, but they were all over the shop, certainly no consistancy in that track. All the riders didnt know where they were they just had to guess. And putting a dirt line up the inside of turn 2 if that was  deliberatly done, they were taking a hell of a chance, hit one of those ruts or pick up drive at the wrong time they would have ended up on the M5..alone with several others.
I believe, and know Somersets track has been better, it was a fair meeting but imo its not the same as it was for whatever reason.

One of your better posts Starman and I totally agree with you.I didn't think it was great either and the track was very patchy.Poole rode it well and I think they will now go through to the final.

41 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I think he did well enough in heat 13 to get a heat 15 ride, it was a toss up between the 3 and I fully understand going with Klindt as he would fly out of gate one and battle, nobody in our team could of beaten Doyle in heat 15 and we have put Josh in heat 15 against Somerset before and he came last .  If Brady had gated I think he would have beaten Holder as he did in heat 13. I thought moving Josh to number 3 worked and you are right as a pair Klindt and Josh work well together. Not sure if having Harris at number one will help much in the return leg and the track should suit him better, he did look slow but when he gated he was able to  ride cleverly to get the win.

• Like 1