British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

Well I find it exciting close scoreline all to go for what it should be in these playoffs although I didn't expect it to be so close but thought the Pirates all come together as a unit nicely.

Only thing is I wouldn't be punching the air like its all over like Fiddleditch did that could easily come around and bite him in the bum or not, anyway that aside I look forward to seeing the second leg.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. All riders played their part and it was hard to call how any heat would go. There isn't much home advantage at any track these days and I think this could go either way in the 2nd leg. People seem to be very harsh on Middleditch. I don't think for a second that he punched the air thinking it's all over, only that Klindt kept Holder behind him knowing that the difference between 4-2 and 5-1 in that heat will be huge going into the second leg. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Pirates 46-44 Rebels 2nd Leg 

Doyle beats Kurtz in run off 

If its level on aggregate then its Golden Heats!!

23 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If its level on aggregate then its Golden Heats!!

Good news Doyle can't win it on his own. I fancy us to win 47-43 just for the tension! 

• Like 2

Simple matter of it is we didn't gate all night, we are more than capable of beating Poole who weren't that great in all honesty. They just gated and we didn't. Lawson and Covatti need to up their game though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

Simple matter of it is we didn't gate all night, we are more than capable of beating Poole who weren't that great in all honesty. They just gated and we didn't. Lawson and Covatti need to up their game though. 

You did beat us!  It might feel like a defeat though!

5 hours ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. All riders played their part and it was hard to call how any heat would go. There isn't much home advantage at any track these days and I think this could go either way in the 2nd leg. People seem to be very harsh on Middleditch. I don't think for a second that he punched the air thinking it's all over, only that Klindt kept Holder behind him knowing that the difference between 4-2 and 5-1 in that heat will be huge going into the second leg. 

Spot on wildcat I thought exactly the same

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aces51 said:

It would be even more fitting if we win it in our 90th consecutive season.:D

Unfortunately, Bewley's injury has probably put it beyond our grasp but who knows?

It would be even more fitting if we win it having topped the league and having never won the damn thing before:D

Why hasn't this thread got to 50 pages yet,it's as if something is missing:P

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

It would be even more fitting if we win it having topped the league and having never won the damn thing before:D

Why hasn't this thread got to 50 pages yet,it's as if something is missing:P

lisa-colette will be after you and opening a King's Lynn v Aces thread for the second leg of the play offs. :D

The missing ingredient is of course who rather than what.;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aces51 said:

lisa-colette will be after you and opening a King's Lynn v Aces thread for the second leg of the play offs. :D

The missing ingredient is of course who rather than what.;) 

I'm sure the King's Lynn v Aces or Aces v King's Lynn threads will soon be taken over and turned into a Poole thread anyway.Although the main instigator isn't on here for a while,deservedly so too:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I'm sure the King's Lynn v Aces or Aces v King's Lynn threads will soon be taken over and turned into a Poole thread anyway.Although the main instigator isn't on here for a while,deservedly so too:)

Depends what the ban is for.................if its for calling people fools and numptys then its a bit of a joke.

If the mods have decided its for personal attacks on me and maybe others then its justified....not that it bothered me. was great comedy value really

49 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Depends what the ban is for.................if its for calling people fools and numptys then its a bit of a joke.

If the mods have decided its for personal attacks on me and maybe others then its justified....not that it bothered me. was great comedy value really

Isn't calling people fools and numptys a personal attack?? :blink: :unsure: I'm really surprised grown middle aged men can't debate without name calling.

Edited by lisa-colette
spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't calling people fools and numptys a personal attack?? :blink: :unsure: I'm really surprised grown middle aged men can't debate without name calling.

Me too Lisa but I feel it is a little harsh on Steve as he is often attacked on here for no good reason other than defending his team and it's management.