British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Somerset v Poole. Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg. 17/9/18

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay this is going to be the last time but

1. How can you call anyone else strange when 'apparently' you spend 90% of your time on Poole threads, but not because you are genuinely interested but because you like trolling and putting out negative posts.  But you don't spend time on Ipswich ones, I am going by other Poole fans on this as I never go on the Championship threads.

2. The last two sentences are you admitting you are an anti or hater or whatever term you want to use. So thanks for finally admitting it. Well done.

Lisa it's because there's never much going on on the Ipswich thread, specially as there all but out of the playoffs 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He’s not interested in Ipswich. Red herring. The reason he doesn’t post in Ipswich threads because he is more interested in Poole.  A very weird person with some serious issues.

I’m the weird person lol look how much your ridiculed then come back to me.

And no I don’t post in Ipswich threads...... just started off the 2018 one lol

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Bottom of the league in July, in the playoffs in September, don't get any better than that 

Then out in the semis bravo!!!

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Lisa it's because there's never much going on on the Ipswich thread, specially as there all but out of the playoffs 

Let’s be fair the Ipswich thread has normal people discussing speedway..... that’s no fun when you can see what the clampetts from Dorset put on here....... no club has so many strange and wonderful posters as Poole lets be honest most neutrals love seeing the next weird post from the usual 4 or 5.

I do feel sorry for forever blue and rayc and skidder, Poole Keith and a few more as my god you have Gater or MattFordfan or MrX or Trumpy which are just the weirdest people on the whole forum let alone just Poole....... then you add in the Shovlar trolling backed up by a couple of cronies and the Poole thread is just comedy gold. 

I mean come on Shovlar even said Belle Vue don’t miss Bewley lol

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nope been an awful season , had Covatti injured and then Hume and then King and then Schlein yet we still only just outside the play offs so one of those seasons wrecked by injury.

But then again although most Ipswich fans thought we would do well we never boasted or belittled any other team. 

I do like the way you put ‘not’ at the end of your post sounding like a 90’s teenager very mature lol. 

Maybe Ipswich built their team wrong we will never know........ but Poole most certainly did yet  still you fail to acknowledge that.

Poole going out in the semi finals is failure .....Ipswich not making the play offs is failure.... not hard is it

You know very well if Poole had tracked there original 7 things would probably have been different 

Just now, Arthur54 said:

You know very well if Poole had tracked there original 7 things would probably have been different 

Yes you would have been bottom. It was a 7 with so much risk attached but I pointed that out and was mocked 

Poole do the right thing making changes especially when you see teams like Swindon fail to make changes and drop out.

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Have they been raced already 

18 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I will offer a different option. Why is there pressure on Somerset?  There’s no pressure on them. They are in their second season in the top flight. Remember last season when most people said they had assembled a championship side?  The Rebels narrowly missed out on the playoffs. 

This year, apparently they assembled a top heavy team due to Jason Doyle’s presence in the side. As with every team at the start of the season, the play offs were the aim. However, this team of racers built by Garry May, now have an excellent chance to get to the final. 

There is no pressure on Somerset at all. Everybody at the OTA is already celebrating a superb season, a season which in all honesty has proved way above expectations in reality. 

Lose to Poole, then fine. The coffers have been boosted, appetites wetted for next year. Beat the Pirates, then the whole speedway world will be willing them on in the final. Lose the final, then they will be congratulated for a team that in 2002, were racing on a virtually ploughed field, to a team that contested the final of the very top tier. 

Whilst Somerset have done well this season, the expectation is certainly on them to beat Poole. They are clear favourites to progress to the final and if they don’t make it through it can only be viewed as failure. Expectation should be there from the fans as well as the management and riders. 

As a Pirates fan I view these two meetings as a chance to make the final. It’s not like when we won all those championships and I expected us to win them. This time I hope we can beat Somerset to make the final but I am not expecting it to happen. Big difference and as a fan of Poole, completely stress free this time around. I am sure Middlo will have the team fired up and they will give their best.  Plenty of Poole fans as usual will still make the trip to Somerset on the 17th to cheer on the boys in the hope of turning over the favourites.

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Let’s be fair the Ipswich thread has normal people discussing speedway..... that’s no fun when you can see what the clampetts from Dorset put on here....... no club has so many strange and wonderful posters as Poole lets be honest most neutrals love seeing the next weird post from the usual 4 or 5.

I do feel sorry for forever blue and rayc and skidder, Poole Keith and a few more as my god you have Gater or MattFordfan or MrX or Trumpy which are just the weirdest people on the whole forum let alone just Poole....... then you add in the Shovlar trolling backed up by a couple of cronies and the Poole thread is just comedy gold. 

I mean come on Shovlar even said Belle Vue don’t miss Bewley lol

It has got normal people on it, you don't go on there 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

As I said, a person with serious issues. Needs help to be honest.

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

The pressure is on Poole ....built a superstar team we was all told and were the hottest favourites for years.

Poor management maybe but Poole have used 13 riders to scrape into the play offs.

Going out at the semi finals will be seen as a massive failure and surely the time has come for Middlo to step aside..............easy to manage a side with superstars but clearly lacking when he doesnt have those superstar riders, maybe a problem with motivation

Why don't you ask Pooles 1 _ 7 if middlo is a crap manager, they all utterly respect him as a manager, and one of the nicest blokes you could meet 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe he is a Poole hater - I think he is an SS hater and you seem to thrive on this - winding him up at every opportunity.  No need to keep repeating his personal life either - best to stick to speedway or where you are going on “holiday” after the semis :wink: 

Just my opinion.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He doesn't spout nowhere near as much cr*p on here as you do i'm afraid.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Whilst Somerset have done well this season, the expectation is certainly on them to beat Poole. They are clear favourites to progress to the final and if they don’t make it through it can only be viewed as failure. Expectation should be there from the fans as well as the management and riders. 

As a Pirates fan I view these two meetings as a chance to make the final. It’s not like when we won all those championships and I expected us to win them. This time I hope we can beat Somerset to make the final but I am not expecting it to happen. Big difference and as a fan of Poole, completely stress free this time around. I am sure Middlo will have the team fired up and they will give their best.  Plenty of Poole fans as usual will still make the trip to Somerset on the 17th to cheer on the boys in the hope of turning over the favourites.

You must start as favourites surely.You were favourites at the start of the season,according to you too.And you have strengthened up on several occasions which surely make you even clearer favourites.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfair. The chosen team never rode a meeting. It was patched up from the start of the season. Kurtz was never meant to be number one.

How so Steve?

Holder was scheduled to ride at the start of the year and wouldn’t have been number one either and on form I doubt he would have taken the number 1 mantle.

thought Kurtz was always the ‘one over 8 rider’ this season or did I miss something?