British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon V Kings Lynn : KO Cup S/f 1st Leg. Mon 10-09-2018

Back in the days of Briggs, Ashby and  Kilby I was always in awe of the Swindon Robins and relished our trips there, with never a hope of getting a result.    Remembering the time we travelled  with a strong team of Betts, Simmo, Cole and Crump but we still got beat.     How time has changed.   For the first time for many years we can travel and be confident we have the strength to compete with most teams.   Swindon, although started the season well, has struggled of late , and now this being the only chance of a trophy will be giving their all to take a few point advantage  back to Lynn for the second leg. 

Providing we have a full side,  I feel we can go reasonably well and keep the damage to a minimum.  I will be surprised if the gap is more than a few points  Will go for 47 - 43  either way...   that close.....

Kings Lynn won’t be too fussed with the Knockout Cup, will take it easy with playoffs to come.

Robins 52-38 Stars

Stars 50-40 Robins

Edited by ZagarRacing

Hopefully Swindon will perform as well as they are tonight.

1 minute ago, ZagarRacing said:

Doubt Swindon will bother with Belle Vue meeting now. 

Season ticket holders?

Of course they will bother, or cop a heavy fine. All meetings must be run.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Free meeting for 2019, free 3 course meal at Dinner & Dance?? 

Splendid :lol:

17 hours ago, g13webb said:

Back in the days of Briggs, Ashby and  Kilby I was always in awe of the Swindon Robins and relished our trips there, with never a hope of getting a result.    Remembering the time we travelled  with a strong team of Betts, Simmo, Cole and Crump but we still got beat.     How time has changed.   For the first time for many years we can travel and be confident we have the strength to compete with most teams.   Swindon, although started the season well, has struggled of late , and now this being the only chance of a trophy will be giving their all to take a few point advantage  back to Lynn for the second leg. 

Providing we have a full side,  I feel we can go reasonably well and keep the damage to a minimum.  I will be surprised if the gap is more than a few points  Will go for 47 - 43  either way...   that close.....

Did you go to the Easter encounters at the Abbey back in the day Webby???

15 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Free meeting for 2019, free 3 course meal at Dinner & Dance?? 

Free meeting where? It won't be at Swindon at The Abbey.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Is egg and chips on the menue!!

Wouldn't be any worse than last year's fare. Great night though.