British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon V Kings Lynn : KO Cup S/f 1st Leg. Mon 10-09-2018

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon blew it mid meeting. A good comeback though. 11 points from Proctors rides. Would he have scored as many? Very doubtful. Puts any comeback this season into jeopardy.

R Lambert had a poor one. Toft at reserve the saviour for Lynn who now should go through. Missed opportunity for the robins. Updates made it sound a good meeting though.

Lambo had a mare, going by updates. TJ and Riss not scoring as expected either. Well done NKI and MPT, they kept Lynn in it.

I would of expected Ty to score around 7 Steve.

I think if Proctor is fit enough to ride, he will do.He's battled all season, and for Lynn to leave him out for gain if he can ride, isn't the thing to do in my book. 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Lynn made a howler in 14 as FB said. Toft should have been in. No brainer.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Lynn made a howler in 14 as FB said. Toft should have been in. No brainer.

Hardly a Howler ..they never cared less .hence why they let riss go of 15m when he touched the tapes ..The ko cup is one big joke 

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lambo had a mare, going by updates. TJ and Riss not scoring as expected either. Well done NKI and MPT, they kept Lynn in it.

I would of expected Ty to score around 7 Steve.

I think if Proctor is fit enough to ride, he will do.He's battled all season, and for Lynn to leave him out for gain if he can ride, isn't the thing to do in my book. 

I think if fit Proctor will ride , he has done well this season and i would have thought him riding would be a benefit.

1 minute ago, orion said:

Hardly a Howler ..they never cared less .hence why they let riss go of 15m when he touched the tapes ..The ko cup is one big joke 

If you are in it you want to win it, bad decisions can be costly but not in this case as  the Stars will most likely win by at least 10 at Kings Lynn.

Heat 14 was S Lambert’s third ride was it not? Although they could have given him that in the race Riss had to start 15m back I guess.

Anyway a bit disappointed to lose by that many after being two up with three to go but considering Lambert & Jorgensen had off nights a six point gap isn’t so bad and is certainly pullbackable.

28 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon blew it mid meeting. A good comeback though. 11 points from Proctors rides. Would he have scored as many? Very doubtful. Puts any comeback this season into jeopardy.

R Lambert had a poor one. Toft at reserve the saviour for Lynn who now should go through. Missed opportunity for the robins. Updates made it sound a good meeting though.

Yeah I've been a massive critic this season and bored most weeks but thought tonight was miles better than normal. Musi particularly entertaining even when he got 5-1'd

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think if fit Proctor will ride , he has done well this season and i would have thought him riding would be a benefit.

If he is properly fit, he should, your right. Although Lynn  gained tonight using RR.. SS had his Poole head on with his comment,   hinting of leaving Ty out for gain ;) 

A result I would have taken before the start to be honest. Make's the return leg interesting. If Lambert had scored as expected, we'd have probably had a 4-6 point advantage ourselves. Slightly concerned at Jorgensen 's away form. Confident that we can win by 7 at home next week. Well done tonight to MPT and Iversen. 

Edited by The Stag

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Heat 14 was S Lambert’s third ride was it not? Although they could have given him that in the race Riss had to start 15m back I guess.

Anyway a bit disappointed to lose by that many after being two up with three to go but considering Lambert & Jorgensen had off nights a six point gap isn’t so bad and is certainly pullbackable.

Could have used MPT in place of Jorgensen in heat 14 though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

If you are in it you want to win it, bad decisions can be costly but not in this case as  the Stars will most likely win by at least 10 at Kings Lynn.

I was at the meeting, they were bad decisions but quite clearly done on purpose ..when you have toff at reserve your are  hardly going let him not replace riss and let him go off 15 instead  ,,as I said there attitude was one of not  being to worried about result heat 14  showed you that as well 

1 minute ago, The Stag said:

A result I would have taken before the start to be honest. Make's the return leg interesting. If Lambert had scored as expected, we'd have probably had a 4-6 point advantage ourselves. Slightly concerned at Jorgensen 's away form. Confident that we can win by 7 at home next week. We'll done tonight to Mpt and Iversen. 

I wouldn't worry Jorgensen has been in good form just an off night i expect.

1 minute ago, orion said:

I was at the meeting, they were bad decisions but quite clearly done on purpose ..when you have toff at reserve your are  hardly going let him not replace riss and let him go off 15 instead  ,,as I said there attitude was one of not  being to worried about result heat 14  showed you that as well 

Team managers make mistakes but Kings Lynn will still progress so no worries for them.Robert Lambert and NKI will probably get big scores at home.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Team managers make mistakes but Kings Lynn will still progress so no worries for them.Robert Lambert and NKI will probably get big scores at home.

I expect they will ,but there were no mistakes