British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon V Kings Lynn : KO Cup S/f 1st Leg. Mon 10-09-2018

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So they just did it to make the return leg more interesting.

They just done it because was a joke of a meeting almost like a friendly ..as I said no one cares about the ko cup ..the crowd itself was one of the lowest I have seen at Swindon for many a year .

Definitely the best meeting of the season racing wise. Can't believe Tobi wasn't Robins rider of the night. Perhaps it was decided before heat 15. Very honest interview by Nick saying he has lost a bit of confidence in the track.  Not surprising considering the number of crashes he has had at home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orion said:

They just done it because was a joke of a meeting almost like a friendly ..as I said no one cares about the ko cup ..the crowd itself was one of the lowest I have seen at Swindon for many a year .

Did you see Zagar Racing or Reading Racer ,he said the crowd was better than average! Or does this mean he may not have attended.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good racing ? heat 15 was really good and then we had one pass by Morris ..the rest was dross from the gate with riders spread out .There again maybe it was the best meeting of the  season :D

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Did you see Zagar Racing or Reading Racer ,he said the crowd was better than average! Or does this mean he may not have attended.

Zagar racing ? you should  have said ...I must have been mistaken :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

I was at the meeting, they were bad decisions but quite clearly done on purpose ..when you have toff at reserve your are  hardly going let him not replace riss and let him go off 15 instead  ,,as I said there attitude was one of not  being to worried about result heat 14  showed you that as well 

Got to agree. Just going purely from the updates site I expected Toft to replace Riss. When you have a reserve that looks to be on fire why not use him when you can.I'm sure Riss wasn't 15m quicker than Toft at any point in the meeting. 

56 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Definitely the best meeting of the season racing wise. Can't believe Tobi wasn't Robins rider of the night. Perhaps it was decided before heat 15. Very honest interview by Nick saying he has lost a bit of confidence in the track.  Not surprising considering the number of crashes he has had at home.

That backs up rumour he's been talking to a team in Midlands ;)

2 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

That backs up rumour he's been talking to a team in Midlands ;)

Possibly  :wink:

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Crowd was about 600 so make of his garbage post what you want.

• Like 2

An awful crowd i can't ever remember a crowd as low as that in all my time and how many of those had the rain off discount tickets.The Belle Vue meeting is worrying surely they will run that meeting at a huge loss and common sense should prevail just give Belle Vue the points and postpone.The meeting last night was half decent after some of the poor racing we have endured this year  the Morris pass of Lambert superb and heat 15.But looking at last night King,s Lynn are a very strong side some of there team had off nights yet they still hung in there and stayed strong.The second leg looks a huge task for the Robins but they have a squeak but i think the Stars will be to strong in the end good luck to them in the playoffs.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Dale is normally on the case  and  don't usually miss opportunities to strengthen his hand.   With MPT  going so well and some of the others  struggling,  I too had pencilled in changes that didn't happen.   Which leads me to believe   MPT  had problems with himself or his machinery  that restricted him from further rides.   But no doubt the truth will come out....

I was some-what  disappointed to finish up losing by 6 after leading with 3 to go.  but still feel confident of progressing through to the final.    Lamberts scores  are so important for Lynn,   and this showed last night.  Cant remember the last time him have 5 rides and not winning a race.    Jorgensen and  Simon were also off the pace,  but  then again  I suppose everybody has an off night...   sometimes....

I  had thought this 1st leg was winnable,  but hats off to the  Robins   who fought back brilliantly.....       It sure makes the second leg more interesting....

It was great to see Puk getting there with his form he  rode some great lines and scored heavily.With Robert only scoring 5 with no race wins to score 42 pts was a great effort shows that Lynn have a really solid side.

In the Cup are there any Tact Subs permitted ?

and who is in the other Semi ?

Edited by semion