British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon V Kings Lynn : KO Cup S/f 1st Leg. Mon 10-09-2018

I’d argue that Robert’s scores aren’t as important as people might think based on last night, the other five scored 37 and we have a nominal deficit to overturn. Encouraging that he can have an off night and others are able to step up to the plate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I’d argue that Robert’s scores aren’t as important as people might think based on last night, the other five scored 37 and we have a nominal deficit to overturn. Encouraging that he can have an off night and others are able to step up to the plate.

King's Lynn lost. If Lambert had scored as expected they would have won. Seems pretty important to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grachan said:

King's Lynn lost. If Lambert had scored as expected they would have won. Seems pretty important to me.

I can see your point but it’s a two legged tie so IF we go through then others have stepped up and covered his off night,  job done.

Also worth pointing out that he scored 14 last time at Swindon and we didn’t score 40. It’s not about individuals for me, it’s a team effort and a little disrespectful to the others to put too much emphasis on Robert’s scores.

Edited by Bagpuss

Every other KL team member has had more than a few off night's this season inc. Niels. This is only Robert's 2nd blemish in a season where he has been an exceptional rider for the Stars. And for GB. We were lucky to have him in the team as it appeared that he was happy to go elsewhere before the season began. He has given his all in a professional way. I don't think he is yet over the hill.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made
  • Like 2

Nobody is being disrespectful to the other team members, they all have a place to fill and a job to do.      My comment about the importance of Robert's score  was made illustrating when  he has an off night,   any team would miss his contribution, and last night we suffered from his low score,  more than the ones from Jorgensen and Simon Lambert.    

We have a strong team and could easily cover when someone has an off night,  but when we had 3 rides scoring low,  that included Robert , we were always going to struggle..  

That not being disrespectful to anybody...….       

Yes, you can look into someone having an off night to much but the context of last night does have concern. We were leading the meeting with 3 heats remaining. Both Robert and Niels were in 2 of those remaining heats. Lambert came last in very important heats, not winning a single race all night. The kid (and he still is one) has been in SENSATIONAL form in 2018, my concern is he may have reached the point of 'burn out'. Who could blame him if he is running empty, the busiest season he's ever had. For me it's about context and to run lasts in the 2 most important heats of the meeting is plenty to worry about. Also though, on the plus side, maybe Iversen is about to click and ready to cover any of Lambert's poor form. Hopefully the whole team has enough rest time between now and the Play-Offs, then we go again.

• Thanks 1

Agree about burn out, and it’s definitely a concern with Robert. I’m sure he’d be struggling more without the holiday he had when he missed the Australia meeting in Glasgow.

Edited by Bagpuss

If you read what Dale had to say in the report today  He said that Robert was having Machine/Frame trouble all night, that was the reason And this can happen to anyone. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

If you read what Dale had to say in the report today  He said that Robert was having Machine/Frame trouble all night, that was the reason And this can happen to anyone. 

And what did he say about the tactical howler in heat 14?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I can see your point but it’s a two legged tie so IF we go through then others have stepped up and covered his off night,  job done.

Also worth pointing out that he scored 14 last time at Swindon and we didn’t score 40. It’s not about individuals for me, it’s a team effort and a little disrespectful to the others to put too much emphasis on Robert’s scores.

Robert has done more than anough this year he has been outstanding, all the Lynn fans know he is still on the upward curve and improving.Great to think that Robert can have a blip and  the other riders step up to the plate to compensate.

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

He said that when Kings Lynn got stuffed by Somerset the other day. How long does it take to fix Machine/Frame?

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes, you can look into someone having an off night to much but the context of last night does have concern. We were leading the meeting with 3 heats remaining. Both Robert and Niels were in 2 of those remaining heats. Lambert came last in very important heats, not winning a single race all night. The kid (and he still is one) has been in SENSATIONAL form in 2018, my concern is he may have reached the point of 'burn out'. Who could blame him if he is running empty, the busiest season he's ever had. For me it's about context and to run lasts in the 2 most important heats of the meeting is plenty to worry about. Also though, on the plus side, maybe Iversen is about to click and ready to cover any of Lambert's poor form. Hopefully the whole team has enough rest time between now and the Play-Offs, then we go again.

Burnt out  ??    he's a kid for christ-sake, with all the energy in the world.    Had he been in his 40's then probably so.       I am in no doubt it was just one of those nights and nothing to worry about.  Come next week he'll be back to normal flying round the track, leaving everyone in his wake...

No Worries !!!

• Like 2

Doesn’t matter how young somebody is, the human body can only do so much racing, travelling, training and only miss so much sleep before performance is compromised. We’ve seen it many times over the years in many sports not just speedway which is why many sportspeople’s schedules have been carefully managed.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Burnt out  ??    he's a kid for christ-sake, with all the energy in the world.    Had he been in his 40's then probably so.       I am in no doubt it was just one of those nights and nothing to worry about.  Come next week he'll be back to normal flying round the track, leaving everyone in his wake...

No Worries !!!

We all should want Robert Lambert to do well, he is a fantastic young British rider who needs our support. Next Monday he will be flying round Saddlebow Road and leaving everyone in his wake.

Edited by foreverblue