British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon V Kings Lynn : KO Cup S/f 1st Leg. Mon 10-09-2018

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lynn made a howler in 14 as FB said. Toft should have been in. No brainer.

I think howler might make it seem worse than it was... Simon had to ride  as it was his 3rd ride. Dale could of put MPT in for TJ. In TJ's ride before, he scored came 2nd, with MPT 3rd. I know they are team mates and MPT might well of been able to pass him. 

I've seen worse, but it was a mistake that probably cost Lynn points :angry:

Edited by Bald Bloke

He should have replaced Jorgensen. Toft had scored double figures while Jorgensen had struggled. A no brainer swap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

We all should want Robert Lambert to do well, he is a fantastic young British rider who needs our support. Next Monday he will be flying round Saddlebow Road and leaving everyone in his wake.

I certainly want Robert to do well but I won't complain if he has a couple of off nights on the 24/9 and 1/10. He deserves to take things easy after such a busy season. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I certainly want Robert to do well but I won't complain if he has a couple of off nights on the 24/9 and 1/10. He deserves to take things easy after such a busy season. :D

Just hope he has an off night on 17th 

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think howler might make it seem worse than it was... Simon had to ride  as it was his 3rd ride. Dale could of put MPT in for TJ. In TJ's ride before, he scored came 2nd, with MPT 3rd. I know they are team mates and MPT might well of been able to pass him. 

I've seen worse, but it was a mistake that probably cost Lynn points :angry:

He didn't even replace Riss  when he touched the tapes, he put Riss off 15 metres when he could have put Simon Lambert in or MPT.

It seems to me that its Poole supporters are getting there ( Knickers in a twist)    Lynn will thrash Swindon on the second leg Unless all 7 have trouble. 

Just now, John Scrutton said:

It seems to me that its Poole supporters are getting there ( Knickers in a twist)    Lynn will thrash Swindon on the second leg Unless all 7 have trouble. 

Not in the slightest why should we care? Just pointing out mistakes that Dale made. I said previously it wouldn't matter as Kings Lynn would win their home leg easily.

5 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

I dont know why we not even in the knockout cup :t:

Edited by ray c

Just as long as Dale won't make the same mistake against `Poole in the play/off final.   But then again they won't be there.

Edited by John Scrutton

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He didn't even replace Riss  when he touched the tapes, he put Riss off 15 metres when he could have put Simon Lambert in or MPT.

Not Simon, but not putting MPT in who had already 3 heat wins to his name was a big mistake. Bigger than HT14. I'll be honest I missed that one FB.

2 mistakes in the same meeting. We need Dale "on it". Can't afford these mistakes. 

I don’t believe they were mistakes, they are too blatant for that. It’s almost as if it was agreed that if the scores were close enough then everyone would get at least five rides almost as a warm up / test session ready for the Play Offs. Simon obviously only had three which wouldn’t necessarily tally with that but I can’t think of any other reason why Riss and Jorgensen (and even Robert in heat 15) got their fifth rides.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Just as long as Dale won't make the same mistake against `Poole in the play/off final.   But then again they won't be there.

Probably you wont br either :nono:

Lambert has had a wonderful season.This loss was not is not just about Lambert's score.Think it is now only Robert's 3rd score in single figures,not bad for someone who started the season on a 7.38 average,and now heads the charts on a 9.49 above the world champion to boot.

There always seems to be a rider in our team that has an off night,on this ocassion it was Robert and Thomas and probably even Riss.It does show though how our team seems to pull through matches when not all are firing.I would love one night or more to see all 7 fire together.In the play-offs would be a good start:)

Good to see Tobi hitting double figures. Has ridden well this year..always gives it a bloody good go that Polish geezer.

• Like 1