British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Swindon V Kings Lynn : KO Cup S/f 1st Leg. Mon 10-09-2018

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Just as long as Dale won't make the same mistake against `Poole in the play/off final.   But then again they won't be there.

No it could be Belle vue v Somerset!

8 hours ago, g13webb said:

Dale is normally on the case  and  don't usually miss opportunities to strengthen his hand.   With MPT  going so well and some of the others  struggling,  I too had pencilled in changes that didn't happen.   Which leads me to believe   MPT  had problems with himself or his machinery  that restricted him from further rides.   But no doubt the truth will come out....

I thought changes like these would have been so obvious,  so  cant believe these were a mistake by Dale.    I was hoping he would have enlightened us in his match report, but  not a word was said..             He couldn't have been that fussed...…….

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t believe they were mistakes, they are too blatant for that. It’s almost as if it was agreed that if the scores were close enough then everyone would get at least five rides almost as a warm up / test session ready for the Play Offs. Simon obviously only had three which wouldn’t necessarily tally with that but I can’t think of any other reason why Riss and Jorgensen (and even Robert in heat 15) got their fifth rides.

Spot on Baggy .it was plain to see what was going on and  I find it amazing that anyone could think that what he done was a mistake .No one in there right would have done that on purpose 

16 hours ago, g13webb said:

I thought changes like these would have been so obvious,  so  cant believe these were a mistake by Dale.    I was hoping he would have enlightened us in his match report, but  not a word was said..             He couldn't have been that fussed...…….

If there was an issue with Michael machinery or fitness wise  surely it would of made sense for Dale to let the public know the reasoning behind his decision because it was a grave error.

Tactical secrets like that are the foundation stones of speedway. Telling all and sundry about Michael's fitness or machinery could allow any weakness to be worked on in the next match to the team's disadvantage. I am sure that at Team manager Training School that is lesson 2.

From to tone of the Forum most of you want DALE  sacked   when as usual you have no idea the reason he didn't make this move of replacing Jorgensen He has said nothing and has anyone else in the know.

17 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

From to tone of the Forum most of you want DALE  sacked   when as usual you have no idea the reason he didn't make this move of replacing Jorgensen He has said nothing and has anyone else in the know.

No I don't think any of us want him sacked, he can carry on making as many mistakes as he likes!

If Lynn beat Swindon by more than 6 in 2nd leg....then job done..... No point in moaning...until you need to

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

In the year of coming on the forum the opinions of a few on the forum oftten seem quite detached from the people who actually go to the track! The riders seem to like riding for dale so the odd mistake or not who cares. Id argue there is more chance of the likes of lambert/riss/niels/jorgensen etc wanting to ride for us in future while he is in charge! Vocal Minority

6 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Sacked... Is that what you think.. If they were mistakes,  i would still say  over the season he has done well and seems to have a happy camp. I'd welcome him back next season...

3 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

I don't want Dale sacked I think he has  done  a excellent job this year and the riders get on well with him as far as you can tell.   

I know that !! You came across in your comment "most of you want Dale sacked" that you thought most Lynn fans wanted Dale sacked... I have not seen one asking or hinting for that.