British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Is speedways refund policy even legal?

15 hours ago, steve roberts said:

...I've always thought that the refund policy somewhat suspect. The terms and conditions were always printed in the programme and more often than not this was purchased once you've paid your admission.

I remember going with newcomer once and he was less than impressed when he lost his admission because the meeting was cancelled after heat six. Could never be proved but during dodgy weather I recall some meetings being rushed thru' the first six heats and then abandoned so as to save on the refund policy.

I remember those days as well!

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, waiheke1 said:

It used to be in the 1980s no refund at all once heat 6 had been completed.

That's how I always remembered it. It sucked, but was accepted. 

Most of the time, it's not the clubs fault if the weather calls the meeting off, but the clubs still have overheads so I don't see a problem here... except these days people expect everything for nothing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheReturn said:

Most of the time, it's not the clubs fault if the weather calls the meeting off, but the clubs still have overheads so I don't see a problem here... except these days people expect everything for nothing. 

And what you paid out had a significantly less impact to your wallets 'disposable income' than the current admission prices/ generic lifestyle costs..

But if it did get called off after race 6 the promotion would not incur as much costs as a full match. Can remember meetings when it was raining and announced AFTER race 6 the ref would inspect the track usually to moans from the fans. Could just as easily inspected the track one race earlier.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheReturn said:

But every business has overheads and others cant/dont have similar refund policies

6 hours ago, TheReturn said:

Noone on thid thread expects everything for nothing. They are just wanting what they paid for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1