British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Mildenhall v Brummies NL Sat 9th Aug

MILDENHALL: Danny Ayres, Josh Bailey R/R, Ryan Kinsley, Jordan Jenkins, Drew Kemp, Matt Marson, Sam Bebee.

BIRMINGHAM: Tom Bacon, Callum Walker R/R, Jon Armstrong, Leon Flint, Ben Morley, Josh Embleton, Nick Laurence.

Will be a close meeting tonight.Birmingham's top 4 all ride the track well.Mildenhall will need to be on top of their game that's for sure 

a point would be amazing for the brummies here but feel we may fall a bit short with the tail not wagging again with the reserves having to take 11 rides with at least 1 of them  been out in 10 of the 15 heats 51-39 my prediction 

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

a point would be amazing for the brummies here but feel we may fall a bit short with the tail not wagging again with the reserves having to take 11 rides with at least 1 of them  been out in 10 of the 15 heats 51-39 my prediction 

A point would be as good as a win and probably result of the season. This Mildenhall side is unbelievable and its been a number of years since we have seen a side as good as this grace third tier speedway. We have to bear that in mind tonight, as long as its not a mauling I will be content.

sounds like a awful evening with the meeting abandoned with zero heats complete due to lack of medical cover hope all the injured riders are ok .

Abandoned meetings are becoming a regular occurrence and however much you feel for injured riders ,and their care is of the utmost importance ..the fact is promotions can not afford the medical cover needed to continue meetings on too many occasions,.Just another reason the sport is struggling,,with many other problems ie  continuity of meetings ,,poor race conditions ,,.unfortunatly our sport continues on its downward spiral

15 minutes ago, waco said:

Abandoned meetings are becoming a regular occurrence and however much you feel for injured riders ,and their care is of the utmost importance ..the fact is promotions can not afford the medical cover needed to continue meetings on too many occasions,.Just another reason the sport is struggling,,with many other problems ie  continuity of meetings ,,poor race conditions ,,.unfortunatly our sport continues on its downward spiral

I have to agree. You can't keep taking people's money, and not giving them what they've paid for. Whether it's medical cover, track conditions or curfews. No wonder fans are leaving in their droves.

Tom Bacon has a suspected fracture to his back, so season likely over. Sam Woods a broken arm according to Brummies site . My best wishes to them both. 

10 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Tom Bacon has a suspected fracture to his back, so season likely over. Sam Woods a broken arm according to Brummies site . My best wishes to them both. 

That's awful news, get well soon.

1 hour ago, waco said:

We had medical cover but had to wait for 2 county ambulances for both crashes unfortunately.With the 2nd ambulance likely to take a while to come they took Tom off to hospital in the ambulance at the track.Right decision to call the meeting off.Best wishes to both Sam and Tom.2 really bad crashes tonight.Speedy recovery to both 

Edited by adz_mft
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Brummie Kev said:

Jesus where will it end...? Never known a team have so many injuries in one season. 

I know that everyone at Mildenhall sends their most sincere best wishes to both Sam woods and Tom Bacon. two of speedways most pleasant genuine guys. Both accidents were truly horrific and one can only imagine with horror what the result would have been without an air fence. 

We are hugely indebted to teh brilliant work of Jason Gillingham and his team of medics who were cool, calm and superbly professional. 

Initially we think that Sam woods has a broken arm and some minor additional fractures..bad enough, but Tom Bacon hit teh turn 1 air fence at full speed with no time to get the cut-out to cut down the speed impact. Initial diagnosis is possibly fractures in his back....as I said we wish both boys a speedy return to health.

Our thoughts also go to their team colleagues, the management of the Brummies, and all fans . They have had a dreadful season with injuries, and they have our respect for some great matches this season.

Not the Saturday evening we were all looking forward to.

James

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately even if the Mildenhall track was seen as being very good condition by the referee. Its always going to be such a dangerous track which always seems to give such bad injuries.

• Confused 1