British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brummies_Ste

Mildenhall v Brummies NL Sat 9th Aug

44 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

Unfortunately even if the Mildenhall track was seen as being very good condition by the referee. Its always going to be such a dangerous track which always seems to give such bad injuries.

Was there stocks the night before? That’s the only reason I can see why it would be dangerous as the track is usually very slick this season compared to previous years where it has been very grippy. 

7 minutes ago, TurnTwo said:

Was there stocks the night before? That’s the only reason I can see why it would be dangerous as the track is usually very slick this season compared to previous years where it has been very grippy. 

No the fence was left up from the previous week.Track has been very consistent this year.Track looked spot on last night.

53 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

Unfortunately even if the Mildenhall track was seen as being very good condition by the referee. Its always going to be such a dangerous track which always seems to give such bad injuries.

Rubbish.I guess you've been to visit regularly this season? The track has been incredibly consistent and isn't any more dangerous than plenty of others.Bad injuries happen at every track you visit.With regards to this year,until this meeting we have had 3 injury withdrawals.2 were Bebee and Bailey who crashed together going into bend 1 and the other was Alcock who was hit by his team mate also on bend 1.

• Like 1

Stock cars are not good bed fellows with speedway  tracks

1 hour ago, waco said:

Stock cars are not good bed fellows with speedway  tracks

Eastbourne don't seem to have much of a problem, like or loath the track, 99%of the time a good safe surface, not sure of the name of the current track curator/ tractor guy,  but he's as good as the late great Bob Dugard.

The stocks have their own track at Arlington do they not? 

Stocks are ok if like Buster a track has a big motorway blade at its disposal to smooth everything off again once the cars have churned it up.

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

The stocks have their own track at Arlington do they not? 

Stocks are ok if like Buster a track has a big motorway blade at its disposal to smooth everything off again once the cars have churned it up.

Correct about Arlington

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Correct about Arlington

And, of course, Buster has more machinery than many contractors to get things right

• Like 1

The track surface at Mildenhall has improved a lot in the last couple of seasons. I tend to avoid meetings there, if the cars had raced the night before.

Wasn't present as i have avoided Mildenhall for exactly these reasons although i do concede that there is also excellent racing produced at the track. However its been my opinion held for a while that any track that has armco behind the fence should be forced to use the polyfoam fences rather than just airbags. 

However most important is a speedy recovery to both riders who are two of the nicest guys in the sport and both deserve better luck. 

• Like 1

It’s a shame because although brilliant racing some of the worst injuries I’ve known have happened at Mildenhall coles leg, phillips leg last year, Bacon back & now woods too. Nevertheless the main worry is with both injured. Hope both are okay, and to Danny & Connor M at Coventry too. 

• Like 1

The  number of serious and frequent injuries suggest more than coincidnce or bad luck. Is it because it is a small track that appears to me to ride like a big, fast open one?

This may be wrong, of course, but I was told that Bacon crashed because his bike hit a piece of car debris. This is not a surprise; I have heard of this before.

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

This may be wrong, of course, but I was told that Bacon crashed because his bike hit a piece of car debris. This is not a surprise; I have heard of this before.

Whoever told you that is talking out of their arse 

Edited by adz_mft

It looked like Tom was trying to get off his bike, so I think the throttle was stuck, the bike hit the fence at a rapid rate and left him landing on his back.